Thread: Cheap Shipping

Default Cheap Shipping

Hi Guys,

I need to send a rod to the states. Now I can ship from the states for about 50USD but for some reason DHL wants to rush me about 4 times that the other way.

It can take a week or so getting there... Anyone ever tried sending it Post or Speed Services or Airfreight or some other method that i dont know about?

Thanks for the help.
    "If you dont have almost unlimited patience, forget about becoming an accomplished saltwater fly angler" Jack Samson

EMS perhaps? (from the Post Office)

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by petercoetzee View Post
    Hi Guys,

I need to send a rod to the states. Now I can ship from the states for about 50USD but for some reason DHL wants to rush me about 4 times that the other way.

It can take a week or so getting there... Anyone ever tried sending it Post or Speed Services or Airfreight or some other method that i dont know about?

Thanks for the help.
    Send it with Priority Insured via the Post Office. I sent a rod to Australia, insured for it's total value, and it arrived within 9 days, cost me just under R500. Fedex and DHL would have set me back +-R3500 for priority.
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Quote Originally Posted by smallstreams.co.za View Post
    Send it with Priority Insured via the Post Office. I sent a rod to Australia, insured for it's total value, and it arrived within 9 days, cost me just under R500. Fedex and DHL would have set me back +-R3500 for priority.
    Thanks Mario!
    "If you dont have almost unlimited patience, forget about becoming an accomplished saltwater fly angler" Jack Samson

Quote Originally Posted by BenzoV View Post
    EMS
    You now have a website to track your incoming International parcel which also gives you a local track number been using it for about 3-4 months now.
    Gerrit Viljoen

DHL is offering a neat little service. You buy a box at a predetermined price. Cost me R615.00 to send a reel over. Swapped it for a new Crosscurrent GLX 12wt 4pc. Stoked

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by petercoetzee View Post
    DHL is offering a neat little service. You buy a box at a predetermined price. Cost me R615.00 to send a reel over. Swapped it for a new Crosscurrent GLX 12wt 4pc. Stoked
    That's nifty! Any more info on how to obtain these boxes, as well as sizings perhaps?
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

At postnet. From what I could see there are 4 sizes.... none look long enough for a rod unfortunately !

You sending a Scott back Peter? If so, I'd be interested to hear your experience. I sent mine from Postnet and it cost a pretty packet!

Garage...i think they saw you coming...were you wearing a suit?
    stephen is wishing he was fishing location x right now.......

Stephen Smith