Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: The 100cm club

Default The 100cm club

Hi Guys,

Im trying to compile a list of guys that have caught 100cm GTs within South Africas borders. The obvious ones are;

-Ewan Kyle
    -Paul Weingartz
    -Ben Pretorius
    -Andy Coetzee?
    -Sudesh Pursad?
    -Scotty Kyle?

Thanks for the help!
    "If you dont have almost unlimited patience, forget about becoming an accomplished saltwater fly angler" Jack Samson

Pete, I seem to recall a guy by the name of Keith Vienings getting a 100cm fish on an Ufudu trip.

thanks Ewan! keep em coming okes.
    "If you dont have almost unlimited patience, forget about becoming an accomplished saltwater fly angler" Jack Samson

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by EwanNaude View Post
    Pete, I seem to recall a guy by the name of Keith Vienings getting a 100cm fish on an Ufudu trip.
    Confirmed yes, Keith got more than just the one over 100cm
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

what a club to belong to!!! eish!!!

i've got some pretty big rocks off the SA coastline, and that's about it haha
    bushveld scalies - worth the blood, sweat and tears

Don't forget Arno ... Holy GT on the forum, if memory serves he also got one of over 100cm on our coast.
    "Hierdie drol het baie vlieŽ" - Ago 2014.

Hi Pete,

Is this shore based or also from a boat? Landing a 100cm GT from the shore with all the obstacles takes much more skill, maybe separate the two. Great thread Guess we all want to belong to the club.

Maybe also start a grunter club

Quote Originally Posted by fish View Post
    Hi Pete,

Is this shore based or also from a boat? Landing a 100cm GT from the shore with all the obstacles takes much more skill, maybe separate the two. Great thread Guess we all want to belong to the club.

Maybe also start a grunter club
    Shore based!

Quote Originally Posted by Scythe View Post
    Don't forget Arno ... Holy GT on the forum, if memory serves he also got one of over 100cm on our coast.
    Thanks Scythe!

Unfortunately up in Jhb but travel countrywide

Hi Pete...

Sorry, not me. My biggest is 83cm FL. Lost one slightly bigger than this after 45mins a few years back, but I doubt that would have topped 100cm. (Lost another one estimated around 90cm in Maldives two years ago).

Was at Kosi the past weekend and did not see any of the monsters either (even though I persevered for them). The 100cm buses still elude me.

Regards
    Sudesh
    Last edited by Sudesh Pursad; 01-02-13 at 11:49 AM.

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast