Thread: Pascal Cognard Program for the weekend

Default Pascal Cognard Program for the weekend

After consultation Pascal Cognard and Said, I have received the Program for the weekend conferences.
    I must say there are a couple of really interesting topics, that I am really looking forward to.

PROGRAM
    Friday evening talk
    French fly fishing team keys success in international competitions
    Tying 1 or 2 dry flies

Saturday morning
    Different kinds of knots for the first part of leader ( big nylon), for the tippet. How to attach a droper (my method, Saïd method) (30mn)
    Different kinds of leaders: progressive, decreasing gradually, mixed. What kind of use for each one. (30 to 45 mn).
    How to link the leader to the line (my method, ) (15mn)
    How to link the fly (my method, Saïd method) (15mn)

Fishing trout: trout behavior and feeding mode (20mn)
    Fishing grayling: grayling behavior and feeding mode (20mn)
    Stillwater fishing with buzzers (20mn)
    Fishing demonstration (90mn)
    Dry fly fishing
    Curved position, staggered position upstream, reverse down stream fishing, drift control, line repositioning, retrieve, hooking….
    Grayling specific method fishing (propably applicable to Yellow fish as well)
    French nymphing (different methods):
    Naturally real French nymphing: nylon on water, “roulette”, indicator nylon fluo fabrication
    Sight nymph fishing: on shallow and slow water, on speed water. Different kinds of presentations (bell like position,” plouffé”) to contol the nymph drift.
    Wet fly (optional can be done on the afternoon with a group interested)
    With 2 or 3 flies: mending, natural drift (generally for wild fish), speed drift (generally for stocky fish)
    Steamer (optional can be done on the afternoon with a group interested)
    With floating line, with sinking line. Different kinds of retrieve. Importance of mending.

Saturday afternoon

2 Workshops on water. People choose a workshop (dry or nymph) and while they are fishing Pascal and Saïd advise them about how to read the water, about their technics, their fishing gear, their approach of a spot. Ater 90 mn they can change from one workshop to the other.
    After that 1 hour of free fishing with Pascal an Saïd (any question)
    Saturday evening
    Fly tying.
    Championships anecdotes and fishing stories

Sunday morning
    2 casting workshops:
    One for precision with Pascal: how to put a fly where you want (technics, roads, lines, leaders, casting methods) (can we have 4 or 5 hoops ?)
    One for distance with said: how to manage long distance casts(roads, lines, wrist and elbow position, double pulling)
    Anglers can go from one workshop to the other (90mn)
    Small talk about how to approach the river and how to choose the fishing technic.(What we look for and how we look for it: season, time of the day, weather, insects, rises or not, river profile, kind of fish we look for….)(30mn)
    Then fishing together and try to apply all that! Anglers show us their secrets!!!
    We try some dry flyfishing or nymph fishing for yellowfish or trout, depending on the area.

(excuse the odd spelling mistake, as this is taken direct from his email)

If this tickle your interest and you want to join us, there is a spot or 2 available at all the venues.
    Email me korrie@caneworld.co.za
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)
    Nymphing, adds depth to your fly fishing.
    Nymphing, is fly fishing in another dimension

2. Default

Still unhappy that I cannot go. Really tried to get some leave but fishing is apparently not part of our leave policy.
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

This sounds fantastic, any idea what equipent we need to bring along?

Hi
    I have sent you an email.
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)
    Nymphing, adds depth to your fly fishing.
    Nymphing, is fly fishing in another dimension