Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: G.Loomis rip-off

Default G.Loomis rip-off

Please can someone explain to me how this works or if its just me and my crappy attitude?

I have been battling for a couple of weeks down here in Durbs to get feedback from G.Loomis agents in South Africa regards a rod upgrade. This is no reflection on the local tackleshop down here that has been trying to broker the deal and has given me continious feedback on their lack of feedback...

In short I have a spare 12wt GLX Crosscurrent, new and unused with all the stickers on grip, etc that I want to upgared to a 12wt NRX. Now both these items are still sold by Loomis, the ccGLX is current model costing $780 and the NRX is $900. So diff is $120 at retail(not trade NB!). So that is $120 premium and at R9 to the Greenback, it is R1080(again at retail).

Cost to me in Durban to this = R3000 WTF??? Nothing like shafting your customers is there?

With 22 G. Loomis rods in my quiver, I have always been a very loyal and ardent supporter of the brand since Steve Rajeff days, but this is unfortunately a bit of a turning point for me. I am looking for some suggestions on a alternative buy or trade, maybe the Xi 3?

PS: look out for some more rods comming up for auction pretty soon...

Work in Zambia... live in Notties, KZN Midlands.

M2C... Once you close a sale on any product the only obligation the manufacturer or supplier has is to honour the warranty.
    If you want an upgrade you need to sell / trade-in what you have, the R 3k is probably the cost price.
    If it is an older model they may not be sure it will get sold again.

I would be careful of a rod maker you need 22 rods from to do what most guys can with half the amount :-)
    "Ex Africa simper aliquid novi" - Pliny the Elder

Arno, I have had simmilar shiite service from the SA importers of G-Loomis.
    Also to the point where I have started looking at other brands. Nothing wrong with my CC's but was very keen on keeping them as backups and getting some NRX's.
    Price and really bad customer service has resulted in the look-see at the competion.

@ JCD, I think you miss interpreted what Arno was saying about having 22 rods. they have over the years had many different models in both fresh and salt water, not including their specialty rods for different species.
    We dont need that many rods, but G-loomis rods dont break and last forever, hence the accumulation over the years.

Pity about the Shite service of late.
    Regards
    Adrian

'Life is not a matter of holding good cards but of playing a poor hand well.' ~Robert Louis Stevenson

If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a man and a dog.~ Mark Twain.

If I were you I'd definitely look at an Xi3. You only have to listen to the PodCast with Gary Loomis about how he feels about what Shimano have done with his brand and the direction they took when they purchased the company from him. If you break your Xi3 (which are absolutely fantastic rods!) or any Sage rod you get the section replaced in 6 to 8 weeks (the fastest turnaround of ANY top-end rod company). And the cost? A whopping R150.00.

Quote Originally Posted by HolyGT View Post
    Please can someone explain to me how this works or if its just me and my crappy attitude?

I have been battling for a couple of weeks down here in Durbs to get feedback from G.Loomis agents in South Africa regards a rod upgrade. This is no reflection on the local tackleshop down here that has been trying to broker the deal and has given me continious feedback on their lack of feedback...

In short I have a spare 12wt GLX Crosscurrent, new and unused with all the stickers on grip, etc that I want to upgared to a 12wt NRX. Now both these items are still sold by Loomis, the ccGLX is current model costing $780 and the NRX is $900. So diff is $120 at retail(not trade NB!). So that is $120 premium and at R9 to the Greenback, it is R1080(again at retail).

Cost to me in Durban to this = R3000 WTF??? Nothing like shafting your customers is there?

With 22 G. Loomis rods in my quiver, I have always been a very loyal and ardent supporter of the brand since Steve Rajeff days, but this is unfortunately a bit of a turning point for me. I am looking for some suggestions on a alternative buy or trade, maybe the Xi 3?

PS: look out for some more rods comming up for auction pretty soon...

Sage... Need I say more. I really do believe they offer a quality product with fantastic service. I believe G-loomis rods are great, but unfortunately, that is where it seems to end...
    Fly fishing, fly tying & rod building.....

http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=2531

I've had good experiences with Rapala on everything else but rods. Hope they don't butcher the Costa del Mar agency too!!
    Gerrit Viljoen

If you look at the price difference on the Costas that are available here compared to how much you can get them off the internet direct from Costa, I dont see it lasting...
    Regards
    Adrian

'Life is not a matter of holding good cards but of playing a poor hand well.' ~Robert Louis Stevenson

If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a man and a dog.~ Mark Twain.

The Costas have been overpriced here for a very very very long time.
    "Hierdie drol het baie vlieŽ" - Ago 2014.

so let me put you on the spot Dean, as the SAGE agents in SA - how will you manage the situation if I arrive at your shop wanting to upgrade a brand new current series rod to a higher spec rod like a Xi3?

Quote Originally Posted by Troutbum View Post
    If I were you I'd definitely look at an Xi3. You only have to listen to the PodCast with Gary Loomis about how he feels about what Shimano have done with his brand and the direction they took when they purchased the company from him. If you break your Xi3 (which are absolutely fantastic rods!) or any Sage rod you get the section replaced in 6 to 8 weeks (the fastest turnaround of ANY top-end rod company). And the cost? A whopping R150.00.

10. Default

We have no issue with exchanging any current series, un-used, rod or other items, for that matter, for any of our other rods or products.
    And there should be no issues with doing the same at any of our dealers or partner outlets.

Regards
    Last edited by Frontier Fly Fishing; 05-02-13 at 09:12 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast