Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Drakensberg Accommodation Wanted

Default Drakensberg Accommodation Wanted

Morning All

I am in desperate need of accommodation in the Drakensberg from 20-24 March 2013. My usual cottage is not available and I want something that is central enough to put me onto the Bushmans, Injusuthi, Mooi, etc.

The cottage on the Bushmans provided all of that. So if anyone knows of a venue close to Giants Castle, Mooi River, Nottingham Road that won't rape my wallet please feel free to share.

A cottage/chalet would do as it's only myself and Xavier that would be fishing that weekend. No T.V., no cell reception but at least a freezer to keep my food cold.

Thank you ever so kindly

Koos

Depends how far you wanna be.
    Glengarry near rosetta has some cheaper accomodation.
    Champagne cottages,closer to injisuthi side is a very nice venue,on the Bellpark dam,but around 70km or so from notties,so sort of halfway to Bushmens.

The main target would be the Bushmans. I would also like to spend a day or so on Injusuthi as I believe the youngster would enjoy that tremendously. From Giants there is a short cut to Injusuthi, no need to go back to the highway. I also know that Mooi River is not that far from the Bushmans. So anything would actually do from Giants towards Mooi River/ Rosetta. I am also itching to get back onto Lotheni again.

I did look at Glengarry over the weekend and it does look good.
    I like the Tubing idea down the little stream, X-man would love that.

glengarry is nice if your primary target is the mooi. If you want to be close to both the bushmans & the injisuthi, then ant bear is about midway between them - maybe not the cheapest (but cheaper than some!). If you don't mind camping, kzn wildlife has a nice campsite at wagondrift dam (also midway between bushmans & injisuthi). But if you were camping you might as well camp at injisuthi? (even in busy times the camp site usually has space). also

m
    ---------------------------------------------
    http://wildjohannesburg.blogspot.com

Hi Koos what about staying in the Giants Castle nature reserve see they got a special currently, pay for 2 nights/stay 3 nights.

Quote Originally Posted by Pappa Roach View Post
    Hi Koos what about staying in the Giants Castle nature reserve see they got a special currently, pay for 2 nights/stay 3 nights.
    Nothing available. Did this exercise 2 years ago, they charged me something like a R1200 or something in that line for a unit per night. Yeah, if I was from Europe 120 Euros wouldn't have hurt me a single bit.

Camping with the little one is not an option right now as I am not kitted out with camping freezers, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by firephish View Post
    If you want to be close to both the bushmans & the injisuthi, then ant bear is about midway between them - maybe not the cheapest (but cheaper than some!).
    Waiting for a reply from Glengarry. I will also get hold of Ant Bear as you have suggested. Thanks

Thanks for the replies and PM's guys.
    I decided to rather go to my preferred venue the weekend before the long weekend.
    So I am sorted thanks.

glad you sorted, i forgot to add that injisuthi would probably be tough going on a little one, although the fish are "easy" the terrain is pretty hard.
    ---------------------------------------------
    http://wildjohannesburg.blogspot.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast