Thread: After Sales Service

Default After Sales Service

I wanted to get some feedback from everyone regarding after sales service.

If a store stocks a specific brand, will they assist in replacement of broken sections (warranty permitting), regardless whether the rod was bought from them or not?

ie. I buy a rod in Cape Town and I need a replacement piece in JHB.....will the shop assist if they stock that brand?

And what of international purchases?

What are your experiences?

I think it will depend on the owner of the shop. The reason I say that is recently my 9 weight's 3 section snapped and I bought the rod in a shop in George. Seeing as I live in Knysna, I thought that I'd take it to a local shop that also stock the same brand.
    The owner went further then needed. He phoned the distributor and asked if he can give it to the rep or must he send it to them. the prefered it to be sent. He also kept me updated on every thing that was communicated.
    He did not have to do this and could have told me to take it up with the shop where I bought it.
    That was his decision and now he has a customer for life.
    " Not tonight baby! I gotta fly"

Thanks for the reply

I am just wondering whether this is mandatory for all stockists to provide this service on behalf of the distributor

Maybe get hold of the agent via email, like I did, and find out if you could take it to the closest supplier? I don't think with a replacement there would be a problem, maybe when it comes to refunds the original supplier should be contacted.
    " Not tonight baby! I gotta fly"