Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hi guys

With plastic bead chains wonder if that fly will even turn over?????
    Gerrit Viljoen

Hey guys,

Just got back from a shop in george, noticed some rods within my price range but they were all 7ft - 8ft weighted 5/6. going for 250 - 450.

I was wondering for my first rod should i rather look for a 6ft rod or would 8ft be alright?

8 is great, 9 is fine, 10 is the perfect number.
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)
    Nymphing, adds depth to your fly fishing.
    Nymphing, is fly fishing in another dimension

Hi James,

Based on the rod and reel you have already purchased I suggest the following to get you going:

- next time you are at the fishing shop, buy a couple of blood worm flies and a small plastic float - about the size of a 5c piece
    - tie the blood worm fly onto your line, attach the float about 80cm above this
    - cast near the carp if you can see them and wait for the float to move.

you will be fishing with flies but not fly fishing. I started "fly" fishing like this when i was about 5 and it worked just fine. When you can afford it, buy a proper fly rod, reel and line and learn how to cast. Don't waste your time trying to fly fish with the wrong gear, you will only frustrate yourself.
    “Apparently people don't like the truth, but I do like it; I like it because it upsets a lot of people. If you show them enough times that their arguments are bullshit, then maybe just once, one of them will say, 'Oh! Wait a minute - I was wrong.' I live for that happening. Rare, I assure you” ― Lemmy Kilmister

Reap the Whirlwind - WM

Paradise = A 3wt Rod & a fist full of someone else's #32 parachutes

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12