Thread: Invite to an introduction weekend at the Umgano Project in KZN

Default Invite to an introduction weekend at the Umgano Project in KZN

Greetings

We at the Umgano project would like to invite you, for an introduction weekend in the area where we will be setting up our tourism project.
    The land between the Ngwangwane and Gungununu rivers offers excellent opportunities for camping, enjoying the indigenous fauna and flora and various other activities.
    For the Easter weekend of 29th, 30th and 31st of March we will be focusing mainly on the exhibition of our two fantastic fishing rivers. The Ngwangwane and Gungununu are known to contain rainbow trout and Natal yellow fish.
    We would like to invite you and others that are interested in fly fishing to come sample the rivers and the area, in hope that word will spread on our efforts to grow the Umgano project into a bigger and better tourism venture.
    Although accommodation, ablution areas and campsites are being planned and built, these will not be available, so we encourage you to bring your own equipment for some self-sustained camping.
    If you are interested and would like some more information,please do not hesitate to contact me at brettpennefather@gmail.com or phone me 0725149070.
    Hope to see you there.
    Kind regards

Brett Pennefather

I really wish I could join but my baby is due that weekend. Hopefully another opportunity comes up soon.
    - Warren Prior

"Never a dull moment!"

Oh man, I am keen but I think I would lose a vital part of my manhood if I was to tell my wife that I intend going on another fishing trip!

Are you related to Matthew and Rex Pennefather?

Hi Brett.

I am not in the area curently, but do come up to that side of the world a few times a year.

Will you be offering day fishing at all?

Thanks
    Grant
    "So here’s my point. Don’t go and get your ego all out of proportion because you can tie a fly and catch a fish that’s dumb enough to eat a car key.." - Louis Cahill - Gink and Gasoline

Where is that exactly? I looked on Google maps but river names are not so hot on Google Maps. What's the nearest town or GPS co-ords?

Hi Guys thank you for the interest, the aim of the fishing weekend is to try and encourage some interest in the area where we are setting up a tourism project.
    At the moment there is no accommodation or anything like that, we would just like to offer the Easter weekend where you can come check out the two rivers and that should hopefully
    get some exposure to what we are trying to do here.

Here are some coordinates

Ngungununu

30° 3'23.14"S
    29°32'54.23"E

Ngwakwane

30° 0'59.40"S
    29°31'33.63"E

Please contact me before heading out there as it is community owned land and the Umgano tourism project is working directly with the comunity, we cant really have people just showing up yet.

Thank you

Brett