Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Greys stream flex #4 10ft

Default Greys stream flex #4 10ft

Hi does any one have a Greys steam flex that they are looking to part with ??
    Thanks
    /d
    What ever you do never confuse Fishing With catching Fish !!!!
    Fish Are Friends Not Food

But your reasoning has a fatal flaw; it overlooks the fact that to comprehend it requires that one rub a few brain cells against each other. The heat thus generated produces the light that illuminates the fact, but alas, not everybody has the resource required to fuel the process --SG

Are you now considering Ultra Light Deepsea Fishing?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by E.T. View Post
    Are you now considering Ultra Light Deepsea mFishing?
    Ha ha ha ha ha very good
    Check out some of my FF pics - http://www.flickr.com/photos/30562135@N07/

Ok you have worked out my master plan
    Anybody got one for sale ??

But your reasoning has a fatal flaw; it overlooks the fact that to comprehend it requires that one rub a few brain cells against each other. The heat thus generated produces the light that illuminates the fact, but alas, not everybody has the resource required to fuel the process --SG

Bump !!!!!!!

On a related note, where in Gauteng is a good place to buy Greys stuff? Mias is priced a little heavily, even after discount and am looking at a Streamflex for myself!

Don't discount the Stealth infinity 10ft 3wt (or 4wt if you really must).
    These are awesome sticks and capable of handling smalltream SM yellows too...
    Gary
    Flytyer - Where great flytying begins

I'm actually looking for the 5wt 10 foot version of the rod

Quote Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
    I'm actually looking for the 5wt 10 foot version of the rod
    Aha,

Now you get to my point that while a 9ft 5wt rod works great, when you lengthen to 10ft, the 5wt looses what made it great in a 9ft rod and you need to go to a 10ft 6wt.
    Works better on the Vaal/stillwaters than a 5wt and handles big fish better. Also, for serious dam fishing, you need to go to a 6wt line for Di5 & Di7 lines.

Best value for money here IMHO is the Infinity 10ft 6wt. (Stealth are currently OOS).
    Gary
    Flytyer - Where great flytying begins

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by GGY View Post
    Aha,

Now you get to my point that while a 9ft 5wt rod works great, when you lengthen to 10ft, the 5wt looses what made it great in a 9ft rod and you need to go to a 10ft 6wt.
    Works better on the Vaal/stillwaters than a 5wt and handles big fish better. Also, for serious dam fishing, you need to go to a 6wt line for Di5 & Di7 lines.

Best value for money here IMHO is the Infinity 10ft 6wt. (Stealth are currently OOS).
    Gar, how much difference do you find ito casting for long periods of time with the 6 instead of the 5? Major difference, or negligable?
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast