Thread: Hello Fly Fishing Legends

Talking Hello Fly Fishing Legends

Great to meet you all, I'm Brendan, and I'm new to the wonderful sport/hobby/obsession of fly fishing.

More accurately, I've done it once before, some years back in my youth (I'm late 30's now), and thought I was the worlds greatest angler, casting that line back and forth and back and forth....actually presenting the fly was significantly less cool than having the line floating around me in the air back then.

Well, after deciding to take fly fishing a little more seriously, and subsequent to one lesson with a 'pro' recently I, of course, realised I know absolutely less than nothing about this game, and am figuratively a fish out of water (ba-dump-tsh).

Think I'm going to have a helluva fantastic time figuring it out though, and I look forward to garnering as much knowledge from you experts as I possibly can. I hope you don't mind me pillaging your brains for info when I need it.

Cheers!
    Last edited by Bodhi; 20-03-13 at 04:59 PM.

Welcome. See Herman's post regarding Sunday's fishing.

Open invites like these are great and you will learn more in 1 day than weeks reading the forum.

Thomas

"If you always do, what you always did, you will always get, what you always got."

Many thanks, Thomas.