Thread: New and in need of assistance in Cape Town

Default New and in need of assistance in Cape Town

Hello there everyone or anyone?

I have been a Fly-Fisherman for 17 years now, fished in a lot of countries but started in and around the dullstroom areas, I have been fishing in Cape Town for a couple of months now since I moved down 2 years ago...
    Think it is time to have a proper crack at the streams in the cape, Usually go fishing in the dams around stellenbosch but hardly ever keep fish as I dont really eat trout, so I decided on some research.

I found streamX a useful guide as a start, told me to contact a couple of people here in the cape.

What I am looking for, A regular fishing group that fish in and around the cape streams with who I can tag along on a saturday or sunday, anyone that can help me with some areas to fish and how to go about it?

I have read through the CPS guide a bit but haven't registered yet because I don't know enough yet.

Please comment if you have something to say.

Oh and thanks for replying btw

Cheers

Hi Riaan,

A good place to start is to become a member of CPS if you would like to fish the streams or get access to any of their dams. Unfortunately you wont have long before the rivers get too high and the season closes but there are plenty of dams to keep you busy till next season.

WRT finding fishing buddies, Flytalk is a great place to start and Im sure a couple of guys will be keen to show you the ropes. Things are a touch full in my fishing schedule for the next few weeks otherwise i would offer to take you out myself.

Hopefully next season we will have our social league up and running which will be PERFECT for meeting different guys and learning from everyone.

Untill then, keep in touch on the forum and we will see you on the water.
    Around the steel no tortur'd worm shall twine, No blood of living insect stain my line;
    Let me, less cruel, cast feather'd hook, With pliant rod athwart the pebbled brook,
    Silent along the mazy margin stray, And with fur-wrought fly delude the prey

Hi
    In about 3 weeks, I should have some time free, then we can go for a fish.
    contact me then.
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)
    Nymphing, adds depth to your fly fishing.
    Nymphing, is fly fishing in another dimension

Hey thank you tonnes, Yeah going to join CPS soon. Rivers close soon anyway so looking forward to september again. Will keep my adventures online anyway, see what i can get up to on the waters.

Shot Korrie, i will definitely keep that in mind. Got some tough weekends myself for the next couple, weddings and bachelors etc.. gonna need a fishing break in about 3 weeks anyway, would love to go catch a rise!!

Sent you a PM