Thread: Bloukrans River

Cool Bloukrans River

Hi Guys,

Going for a bungee @ Bloukrans in a week's time and will be overnighting it, so no reason not to drown some feathers, is there?

EDIT : I also see the Grootrivier is nearby enough to make sense.

Has anybody fished either of these estuaries/rivers? Tips, Advice, etc ?

Thanks!
    Last edited by Scythe; 04-04-13 at 03:01 PM.
    "Hierdie drol het baie vlieŽ" - Ago 2014.

Dude,I cant even make myself walk onto that bridge let alone jump from it.Does look awesome though.

I'm doing a road trip with my son(13) in September, he could choose 3 activities.

Jumping of Bloukrans is one of them.

Blog Entries

Hi Henried,

Take your rod and make sure you have lots of backing - it is a long cast from the bridge down to the river!

I have heard of people getting fish in the small estuary at Natures Valley; or go to the Keurbooms /Bietou Estuary. Search here for details on where to go, but leeries, grunter, kob, shad, moonies and mullet are possibilities.
    regards
    Niel

Blog Entries

Good luck Bertu, I did the Bloukrans bungee in 2006! Yoh! I get goose bumps just thinking of it!
    Bubble, Bubble, Bubble and Squeak...I think this mixture is too weak!!!???" (Wrex Tarr)

Blog Entries

The Groot enters the sea at Natures. Its a lovely little estuary but can be rather fickle. Needs time. There are smaller Leerie and grunter in there but if you have a min amount of time; work the early morning for Leerie.

The Keurbooms and Bitou however are a few kilometers further down the road and tend to be more productive and less fickle. Early morning between the roadbridge and the Bitou entrance to the Keurbooms is generally a great area for both smaller Leerie and the odd grunter. But once, if you only have limited time, focus on the Leeries.

Enjoy

Thanks for the info guys.

I will have limited time so will scout area on day of arrival and then try to coincide my feather chucking with the appropriate tides.

Hopefully the fishing deities are kind.

Really looking forward to the jump, have booked myself for three of them, sadly they don't do tandems.
    "Hierdie drol het baie vlieŽ" - Ago 2014.