Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Bloemfontein Barbel Challenge

Thank you to all that attended. It was fantastic.

Bryan.
    I'm glad you got a big one. Pitty I could only find the rats and mice for you. Friday evening's fishing from the boat will stay with me for a while, that was a fun session.

The boys's from cabin one you sure now how to live it up. Great spending time with you.
    Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish."

~by Roderick Haig-Brown

Nice Fish Bryan!!!

Looks like every one had a blast

Will definitely be there in FEB

Sorry I couldn't make it to this one. busy sourcing my 9 weight setup as we speak. Here Fishy Fishy!!!!!

Nice fishy Bryan!
    Herman's retelling of him rowing against(or with) the fish was a lot more interesting than story.

Get us the dates for next year, and I will try my best to be there... this time.

bbc big1.jpgHere is the beast.This fish was short but very fat and had a big head.I initially thought maybe 13-14kg but it ended up pulling the scale to 16kg

Now that is a big fish! Look at the size of that tail...

For anyone that doesnt know John he is a big chap, well over 6' tall just to give you a sense of the scale of this fish.
    Bryan Williams

“My Biggest worry is that my wife will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it!”

Check out my albums

Check the size of its headBBc big.jpg

Sorry for this late responce but I would also like to say a big big thanks to all involved with the organisation of the event it was great. The men I fished with thanks to you too great time. it will be one that my boy will remember for some time too as he managed his PB with a fish of about 6kg and then the one that got broken off in the trees, as he puts it the fish of his dreams got away there.

You all deserve a big thumbs up.

ps John you just had to go and catch the biggest one again, well done mate.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678