Thread: Lesotho help please

Default Lesotho help please

Hi All,

It is looking like I will be doing some work in Lesotho over the next few months so I would love to capitalize on that with some good fishing. Once a month I will be doing work in Maputsoe - (right by the Ficksburg border) - That will usually be on a Tuesday. So am am hoping I can get away in JHB Sun (worst case Mon very early) and do some fishing, stay the night somewhere and then be in Maputsoe by 10am on Tuesday.

I have no clue where to begin in looking for some productive rivers.

On Monday I had to go fetch some people from the New Oxbow Lodge, the river looked epic, not sure what the fishing is like right by the lodge. The lodge should be close enough to drive from there to Maputsoe.

I would really appreciate any advise regarding: Best time of Year, and good rivers close to the areas I mentioned.

This forum helped me crack te Eastern Cape streams ... hope it will work for that region of Lesotho.

Thanks,
    Waldo

---------------------------------------------
    http://wildjohannesburg.blogspot.com

Hi Waldo

Lots of great fishing in the area, you just need to know where to go. Give me a shout, I'm up there quite often, you are welcome to join us if you're willing to come through on a Friday already, I'll gladly help where I can. I sent you a pm with contact details.

Cheers
    Chris
    Last edited by chrisvd; 18-04-13 at 09:28 AM.

Also give Andre Burger (Present a fly) a shout. He lives in Bethlehem and fishes Lesotho a lot.
    So tell me.... How Big's yours?

Brilliant thanks guys!