Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Greetings from Australia

Hi Garage, you've been to some good spots, Exmouth is next on my list. WA is so frigging huge !!!! I've fished in Dampier twice.

I grew up trout fishing in the Natal midlands and Eastern Transvaal, in the salt it was mostly the estuaries in the Transkei and the odd flick along the Cape. Then I came here and it all changed. Australia is saltwater fly-fishing heaven - period!

Have any of you guys fished over here?

Caught a few Yabbies down in the rivah mate!

Welcome to the site Jono, great fish and great pics. Never fished in Aus, but seeing this means I'll definitely be taking a rod next time !

Hi Jono, I used to live in Melbourne and I used to love ffishing for Oz salmon on the Victorian surf beaches. My favourite places were Gunnamatta and Sorrento and Portsea back beaches, fishing at dusk and into the early evening

WA - yup, HUGE place, the fishing there so untapped but the place is wild, no area to end up without water or petrol (or beer for that matter...)

Enjoy!

Hi Jono

Welcome to the site, yup you guys have some of the most awesome fishing.I've seen the stuff on Sydney harbour posted on Sexyloops - unbelievable fishing.Western Aus looks amazing too.

Hope to see lots of your stories and pics in future - keep 'em coming mate.

WA is where you guys should be looking, seriously .. the place is massive and there's no-one there.

Fly to Perth, hire a car, drive North until you get to Exmouth, get out, rig up and walk the beaches fishing all day. That's one option and it really is that easy. The beach fishing there is nuts, last year they consistently got bonefish from around the Ningaloo Reef area, also a couple of hours drive North from Perth. (more like 15 actually)

Last year I arranged a trip on a houseboat in Northern WA to the Dampier archipelago - myself, 4 dudes I know from fishing and my old man who flew out from Jhb. We had 3 tenders off the back and all our supplies onboard and enjoyed a week of DIY fishing on a shoestring budget. The options are endless here.

Once my time in Sydney is done, I will 'retire' to somewhere on the WA coast and live there. Tuna, Spanish Macks, Sailfish, Milkfish, Permit, Bones, GTs, Queenies blah blah blah ... it's ridiculous.

Sorry dudes, I know you guys are probably trying to get some work done ...

Best
    Jono

ja...and you not helping :-)
    stephen is wishing he was fishing location x right now.......

Stephen Smith

work? naah not today
    can't work when dreaming of catching fish like that
    the patient mental...

Dudes if you have not done so yet check out the WA threads under Saltwater FF on the Sexyloops site - there's old and new threads with some awesome pics plus lots of other great stuff.I guarantee you will not get much work done after that...

tuna anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Jono Shales View Post
    tuna anyone?

yeh yeh whatever! that's just a buch of okes splashing around in the water! you're just trying to make us jealous!
    the patient mental...

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast