Thread: 33 lb Permit.

Default 33 lb Permit.

Found this and thought I would share it with the rest of you guys...

I would probably cr@p myself if this fish decided to attach itself to my line...

http://ow.ly/i/2esUQ

:biggrin:
    Regards
    Adrian

'Life is not a matter of holding good cards but of playing a poor hand well.' ~Robert Louis Stevenson

If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a man and a dog.~ Mark Twain.

That is a BEAST!
    Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.

Henry David Thoreau

That is nuts. Boy that must have been a hell of a fight.
    " Not tonight baby! I gotta fly"

Dick Cameron (owner of the Palometa club) caught two fish over 50lbs in one season. imagine that.
    "If you dont have almost unlimited patience, forget about becoming an accomplished saltwater fly angler" Jack Samson

Nice fishie...although I dont think its permit. A GT maybe, but hey whats the difference a 33lb fish is a real beast, permit or Jeet, who cares?
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

Second thought, I think it is a permit actually...pectoral fins the giveaway. Bump on the forehead confused me
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    Bump on the forehead confused me
    Ja, you need to be careful - if you bump your head too much the damage might be permanent
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Nice fishie...although I dont think its permit. A GT maybe, but hey whats the difference a 33lb fish is a real beast, permit or Jeet, who cares?
    Brilliant Andre, this was one of the funniest things I've read in some time, I for one, am glad your back on the forum, very entertaining:smile:

Have you been drinking a little bit more that normal lately?:biggrin:

Quote Originally Posted by petercoetzee View Post
    Dick Cameron (owner of the Palometa club) caught two fish over 50lbs in one season. imagine that.
    The way my species list is going I might never get a Permit full stop...

2 x 50lb's would literally be the stuff of dreams for me.
    Would love to chat to him and hear him recount the two fish and hear what he did differently between the first and the second one?
    Regards
    Adrian

'Life is not a matter of holding good cards but of playing a poor hand well.' ~Robert Louis Stevenson

If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a man and a dog.~ Mark Twain.

Glad I made your day...ya did feel like a bit of a twot when i realised my mistake, but never having seen either a permit or a GT in the flesh...well....ok....but at first glance i did think it looked more like a GT than a permit....silly me. Ya, glad to be back...someone who shall remain nameless, called me and begged me to come back, as the forum was getting a bit stale they said, so I cam beck to cause some k@k using my real name, not like some other stirrers who hide behind their avatars. Anyway, but honestly, I really did for a minute think it was GT
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisvd View Post
    Brilliant Andre, this was one of the funniest things I've read in some time, I for one, am glad your back on the forum, very entertaining:smile: