Thread: Balanced Outfit......

Default Balanced Outfit......

Greetings fly fishing guru's.......

Please fogive me if this question has been asked before....

I recently obtained an Explorer Classic 2 3/4 wt 8 foot rod......

My question is, what reel and line combination do you suggest in order to make this as balanced an outfit as possible ?

Thanks in advance

Mark

"Balanced" could mean one of two things. It is generally taken to mean the correct line rating , for the rod, and correct reel rating for the line, ie, an arbour that will hold the line and backing.I would try both a double taper and a weight forward line to see which one balances the rod properly. If it is a 3/4 wt, it would probably ideally take a 4wt weight forward, and a 3 wt double taper. but it also depends on the type of fishing you are going to do, and how far you intend casting.
    If you are talking about centre of gravity balance...doesnt really matter what you do, any reel rated to hold 3 or 4 wt line pluss backing should be fine. I dont have a lot of experience with explorer rods, so dont only take my advice. Ask the guys that use them.
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.