Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: urgent help needed with a rod

Blog Entries

Default urgent help needed with a rod

I am going to be in the United States for six weeks and would like to do some fishing in my spare time. Most of the fishing will be done in and around Boulder Colorado. I currently have a 9 foot 3 piece rod and is a bit of a hassle of carry around. It doesn't really fit into any of my bags and I cannot take it on the plane as hand luggage.

If anyone is willing to borrow me a 4 piece rod (3 weight) which can fit into a standard travelling bag I would greatly appreciate it. Obvoiusly the ideal situation would be to buy one, but I'm a student and restricted to a tight budget. I could probably also hire a rod from the local fly fishing shops, but then I cannot be on the water early in the morning before work.

I know this is a strange requist and will probably not yield any results, but I thought I might give it a try.

Oh, before I forget, I am based in Cape Town (Wynberg) and will readily drive to your place if it is not too far away.

Please contact me ASAP.

Hi
    You have joined in Feb 2012, have not made a single post, and then the first one you do is to ask for favour.
    a bit fresh I would say.
    But that is only my perception.
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)
    Nymphing, adds depth to your fly fishing.
    Nymphing, is fly fishing in another dimension

Blog Entries

Korrie,

I agree with your comment, I'm just desperate, so I thought I might give it a try.

Truth is I moved to CT December last year, joined the CPS and have been fishing the local streams since then. I haven't met any club members and don't have any fishing buddies down here who I can ask. Initially I contacted the guys at CPS and they suggested I should use the forum.

Well personally I would suggest you make an effort to meet a few of the members, contribute to this forum and then ask for favours.

You might be the nicest guy in the world but I ain't lending anything to someone I don't know, no offense but its the truth!
    The closer one gets to realizing his destiny, the more that destiny becomes his true reason for being! Paulo Coelho

Matt I know you and still wo'nt lend you anything

Don't worry the feelings are mutual
    The closer one gets to realizing his destiny, the more that destiny becomes his true reason for being! Paulo Coelho

Well it is one way to get into Fly Talk - Asking a favor.
    Next thing you know he won't keep quiet.lol
    " Not tonight baby! I gotta fly"

Hey Mauritz,

I might just be able to help you, but probably with something other than a 3wt, all my 3 wt's are 3 pieces ... ! .... pm me your mobile No.... i'll give you a buzz in the morning!

regards

Ago

Blog Entries

Guys,

thanks for the kick on the backside, I deserved it.

I managed to get my hands on an ancient rod that will suffice. I'll try and make amends by posting regularly starting with some pics and a short article or blog entry of this upcomming research (with a bit of fishing) trip to Boulder.

That will be nice, if you can do a lovely post. As a researcher, you should be able to do some in depth reporting for us.
    Awaiting your return and posting, or even a "delayed live" report, as you are there, with a post or so every evening.
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)
    Nymphing, adds depth to your fly fishing.
    Nymphing, is fly fishing in another dimension

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast