Thread: Cheap Ready Made Shrimp eyes

Wiets Banned User

Default Cheap Ready Made Shrimp eyes

I also found these artificial flower pollen buds at the Chinese flower shop and perhaps this can be used for shrimp eyes. Hell, it came cheap enough - about R30-00 for each bunch and there must surely be about 800 to 1000 eyes per bunch. I'm not sure what kind of thread is used between the eyes - dry, it seems to be stiff enough. Although the thread is stiff when dry, it goes all limp and soft when wet. It will need a coat of waterproof glue, epoxy or something to keep it from going limp when wet.

Last edited by Wiets; 24-05-07 at 09:33 PM.

geez wiets
    i can't keep up with you today. thanks for all the leads and links. i've had a hectic day and hardly had a chance to check the site, but the sneaks i managed, you had sent some new material or source.
    thanks. just discussing shrimp patterns now, those eyes are what we were thinking of.
    cheers
    Behold the fisherman. he riseth early in the morning and disturbeth the whole household. mighty are his preperations. he goes forth full of hope and when the day is ended, he returneth smelling of strong drink and the truth is not with him. originator unknown.

my stuff.... http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=824[/SIZE]

any ideas on how you'd seal them off? will a waterproof glue/paint/whatever last?
    the patient mental...

Wiets Banned User

I know for a fact that epoxy will certainly do the job - but it is a mission! I have not tried anything as yet. I will do so this weekend and give you feedback.

Good find, Wiets! I reckon a lick of ol' Aunt Sally'll do the job, she always has for me...

My daughter has recently started making up her own clothes (no, guys, please don't start me on this one...) - it's unbelievable when I go along to these shops the similar-type good materials from China etc with a bit of imagination and stimulants can do for us Ffishers with minimal bucks! Maybe we should set up a Flytalk offshore fly-tying material company (e.g.Cosmo, Seychelles, or that odd little island on the Vaal between the Vrystaat/Gautie border?), split all these things into lots of a 100 and sell them at R200 a pop? Or would we merely be imitating already what's often going on??!!

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.