Thread: Wychwood River and Stream

Default Wychwood River and Stream

Hi there
    Does anyone have any experience with the 5wt Wychwood river and stream?
    How does this compare with the Xplorer T50?
    I am looking at a new 9ft 5wt and these 2 have sparked some interest with me.
    Thanks
    Craig

Craig

I havent seen the 5wt's yet, just the long 3wts.
    It should be quite different from the T50 as that is a fast rod & the R&S a presentation rod meant for accuracy.
    Will get some stock in next month, but not many 5wts.
    Regards
    Craig

Thanks Craig.
    Saw your stand at the recent show in Kzn, very impressed with the Wychwood R&S reel, could not put that beauty down, what a work of art!
    Does the show special still apply, was waiting for the 25th :-)
    Craig

Quote Originally Posted by Craigis View Post
    Thanks Craig.
    Saw your stand at the recent show in Kzn, very impressed with the Wychwood R&S reel, could not put that beauty down, what a work of art!
    Does the show special still apply, was waiting for the 25th :-)
    Craig
    Sorry, what happens at the show stays at the show. I know nothing about a show special.
    Regards
    Craig

Quote Originally Posted by Craigis View Post
    Hi there
    Does anyone have any experience with the 5wt Wychwood river and stream?
    How does this compare with the Xplorer T50?
    I am looking at a new 9ft 5wt and these 2 have sparked some interest with me.
    Thanks
    Craig
    Careful. WHAT do you want the rod for? The Wychwood are likely to be quite soft rods, while the T50 is faster, but by no means the fastest. APPLICATION is the most important criteria with buying a flyrod.
    Gary
    Flytyer - Where great flytying begins

Perfect answer Gary....I always get a little concerned when people ask for rod comparisons between rods that are so totally different, that they cannot possibly be compared.
    Best to decide what the rod is going to be used for, and then choose the best rod that will suit the application...otherwise, go for an "all rounder" and be prepared to be half happy with something that will do everything moderately, but nothing exceptional.
    I wish I could offer advice on the rods mentioned, but have no experience with either.
    Quote Originally Posted by GGY View Post
    Careful. WHAT do you want the rod for? The Wychwood are likely to be quite soft rods, while the T50 is faster, but by no means the fastest. APPLICATION is the most important criteria with buying a flyrod.
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.