Thread: Pine Grove Dordrecht

Default Pine Grove Dordrecht

Hi guys,

Looks like Im going to be visiting a farm called Pine Grove near Dordrecht over the coming long weekend. The water is controlled by the Queenstown flyfishing club but I cannot find any catch reports or photos to do with it.

Has anyone on the forum fished this water before? I would really like to know what to expect and maybe what the conditions are like at the moment with regards to water levels etc?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Cant comment on that venue but we were at a venue nearby and the waters are slightly low but very clear.We also got the water during a cold front which made things even harder.
    Temps have been very consistant lately so you could be in for some good fishing should things remain as is.Good luck,hope you get some nice ones

I know some guy's that were there about a month ago, they clobberd the fish with several really nice 50cm + fish coming out. Pappa roach was the fly of the day.

I think you will have a great time.
    Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish."

~by Roderick Haig-Brown

4. Default

It's cold at the moment, VERY, but it should get better by the weekend. Seems the long weekend we are getting some rain in the area, so maybe even some snow. Water conditions are lowish, but not bad at all (ito stillwaters). With the high winds of the past week (out that way) the water was churned up a little, but should clear very quickly.

Note, these are conditions in general for the area, not specifically Pine Lodge.
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Hi Devin 1
    I have fished the dam a few times and it is really awesome! The black bead head wooly bugger with the blue flash (spietkop) worked really well for us. The last time I was there I noticed that the fish gorged themselves DIK on snails, the snails were actually falling out their mouths when we landed them so maybe a snail pattern fished along the weedbeds might work well.The snails were brown if that helps.

Thanks Guys,
    Had a great trip and would definitely recommend this venue to anyone interested in catching some big trout. Was there with friends who were not fishing so I only had a morning and an evening to fish, The first evening I only got one little stockie but in the morning a papa roach on an intermediate line fished from the bank produced 5 good fish of between 5 and 6 pounds, and a number of lost fish and hard takes.

Good evening Gents,

We have a trip coming up end of April at Pine Grove and would like to know if anyone had fished the area lately and how it went? Read that the dam is full with the late rains and hope to dig into those famous 8-10 pounders!

Any info will be much appreciated!