Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Rhodes update

Ahh thats good news. Lets hope it doesn't flood.
    Quote Originally Posted by smallstreams.co.za View Post
    Some, and snow - but not much change to the rivers at this stage. Water just sucked into the ground. Some more today and over the weekend though.
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    Ahh thats good news. Lets hope it doesn't flood.
    Does not look like it will, but at this stage even flooding will be water at least.
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Good news is that the Bok, Rifle and Sterk is running well. It has been raining nicely for 2 days there, and the area is benefitting a LOT from this. We need to remember, fishing is a sideline at the moment, many farmers were in the brink of losing a lot of livestock. We are very glad for this rain, for fishing too, but not only.
    Mario Geldenhuys

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

That is cool news. I know that feeling, growing up in Phalaborwa which is on the border of the Kruger Park, when below average rainfall hammerd the park and the animals, especially in the early 90's, we quickly learnt never to moan about rain, that is for sure.
    Bubble, Bubble, Bubble and Squeak...I think this mixture is too weak!!!???" (Wrex Tarr)

Best news I have heard in ages! Thanks so much for the information Mario!
    Check out some of my FF pics - http://www.flickr.com/photos/30562135@N07/

Any news on the rainfall in Rhodes area over the last 3 weeks??

Quote Originally Posted by newton View Post
    Any news on the rainfall in Rhodes area over the last 3 weeks??
    Been raining on-and-off. Rivers are flowing well enough again for now.
    Mario Geldenhuys

If all goes to plan expect me in December!
    Check out some of my FF pics - http://www.flickr.com/photos/30562135@N07/

We'll be around from the 9th Dec to the 4th Jan - I need to show you the Coldbrook!
    Mario Geldenhuys

Are there any fishing reports that you are aware of Mario. Would be interesting to see if the yellows have moved up since the rain started.
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast