Thread: Injesuthi

Default Injesuthi

Hey Guys,
    Anyone know what the current state of the Injesuthi river is at present with regards flow?

We planned a long weekend to fish Cathedral Peak but the waters here are so thin there are no fish holding in the rivers here. A very different river to the one we fished in April this year. We've fished about 5km with only fingerlings coming up to take the flies.

If someone has any advice on some alternative streams to fish around here we would appreciate it.

All the northern berg streams are desperately low at the moment, i'd say you will struggle. Maybe the bushmans will have slightly more flow than some of the others.
    ---------------------------------------------
    http://wildjohannesburg.blogspot.com

I was there over the weekend ... some of the streams are so thin, you would be hard pushed to believe they are NOT stagnant.

Some other ones are however flowing reasonably well (from my limited frame of reference wrt customary flows in the area) and those are a little dirty ... for example the Sterkspruit, Little Tugela, and Bushmans are all flowing well, but the viz is somewhere between 30 - 50 cm.

HTH.
    "Hierdie drol het baie vlieŽ" - Ago 2014.

anyone know if the area had some rain over the weekend? we're heading there in a week or so's time. hoping the river will be higher than reported so far?

Quote Originally Posted by JHH View Post
    anyone know if the area had some rain over the weekend? we're heading there in a week or so's time. hoping the river will be higher than reported so far?
    From what I know the berg had a decent covering of snow last night, not sure exactly what areas though!
    The closer one gets to realizing his destiny, the more that destiny becomes his true reason for being! Paulo Coelho