Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Deer hair bodies - alternative to spinning

I see the shops are now full of Klipspringer hair, thanks to Sci-Fly's local materials. (Alternate materials from South Africa). Some nice items in the range.

Armand...mooi tegniek Broer...did you learn that in my "The Flytiers Benchside Reference"?
    Sheesh, I still haven't had time to read the entire book...too much info!

Thanks Armand. I've been wondering how this spinning deal works. Keen to give it a bash now

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    I see the shops are now full of Klipspringer hair, thanks to Sci-Fly's local materials. (Alternate materials from South Africa). Some nice items in the range.

Armand...mooi tegniek Broer...did you learn that in my "The Flytiers Benchside Reference"?
    Sheesh, I still haven't had time to read the entire book...too much info!
    Ek het 'n halwe klipspringer in SA, boggerol hier.

Is daar enige tegniek wat nie in daai boek is nie? Ek dink nie daar is meer enige tegniek wat nog nie ontdek is nie.

Pheasant Tail Nymph Banned User

Thanks for the technique Armand.
    I have only tied one DDD with some Elk hair that I got at Gani's. It did not look fantastic! But I think this could help a lot so thanks again.

Very cool dude, thanx for taking the time to illustrate this "new" technique. I have one question though - as Shaun has mentioned - it seems to be tied very sparsely compared to the "traditional" method,-now-, how does it ride on the service?, a little deeper into the film because of it being less dense or does the sparseness counter this with less weight factor? and what was your observation in terms of the use of floatant?
    No PAIN No Gain

Quote Originally Posted by Nymph+O- View Post
    Very cool dude, thanx for taking the time to illustrate this "new" technique. I have one question though - as Shaun has mentioned - it seems to be tied very sparsely compared to the "traditional" method,-now-, how does it ride on the service?, a little deeper into the film because of it being less dense or does the sparseness counter this with less weight factor? and what was your observation in terms of the use of floatant?
    It rides fine on the service, especially with a lob or volley, but with a smash it often submerges. No seriously, it floats just fine.

Because of all the open spaces, there is lots of surface to contact the floatant, therefore it takes well to treatment.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12