Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: Dry fly only!

Quote Originally Posted by NeilRowe View Post
    Chris

Looks like you've got a challenge - why not invite Kevin along?
    That's Fario's call Neil. We have a bit of a showdown on the Witels going here and I don't think he'd appreciate spectators when he gets his @rse whipped
    "Innocence is a wild trout. But we humans, being complicated, have to pursue innocence in complex ways" - Datus Proper

BTW Chris, I never taught Mario anything! Maybe rod building - but that's it! He was taught by your friend from Witte 4
    from what Mario has said, there doesn't seem to be any love lost there either.
    "Innocence is a wild trout. But we humans, being complicated, have to pursue innocence in complex ways" - Datus Proper

bring it on Chris - anyone else that's fit enough can come too. I'll contact you when I'm in SA again.

Relax dude - you sound stessed out today - take a salusa 45

Quote Originally Posted by Fario View Post
    bring it on Chris - anyone else that's fit enough can come too. I'll contact you when I'm in SA again.

Relax dude - you sound stessed out today - take a salusa 45
    Nah, i'm perfectly relaxed thanks....except for the stitch in my side from laughing so much that is

Sorry guys, we went off on another tangent there.....but I had to defend our thread from the imposter. Was refreshing though...almost like a happy home coming. welcome back Fario!

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Shelton View Post
    Sorry guys, we went off on another tangent there.....but I had to defend our thread from the imposter. Was refreshing though...almost like a happy home coming. welcome back Fario!
    Fario reminds me of my old uncle Harold (six times removed) who was born without a liver- the first thing I remember about Fario, from when I met him at the Piscator after a days fishing- was that he couldn't handle his booze and left before I was even warmed up. I reckon I could take that Brad Pitt wannabe and bury his nose into the Witels ground- rule number one is that all packs are to be equally weighted (say 20kgs) before the trap is started and no sissie flotation devises will be allowed for the swims- if you cant hold your pack above your head then you deserve to sleep in wet clothes...

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Cox View Post
    Fario reminds me of my old uncle Harold (six times removed) who was born without a liver- the first thing I remember about Fario, from when I met him at the Piscator after a days fishing- was that he couldn't handle his booze and left before I was even warmed up. I reckon I could take that Brad Pitt wannabe and bury his nose into the Witels ground- rule number one is that all packs are to be equally weighted (say 20kgs) before the trap is started and no sissie flotation devises will be allowed for the swims- if you cant hold your pack above your head then you deserve to sleep in wet clothes...
    hahahaha....brilliant!

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Shelton View Post
    I believe that Mario also learnt a thing or two about dry fly fishing from you Neil.....that's what you told me anyway!
    Uhm, RABs are not dry flies, but technically, yes, Neil showed me quite a lot!!
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Fario

I've fished for awhile - definitely not with the "best" but just with some keen amateur non-competitive chaps. To me it's a fun thing and no more.

I've even been a dry fly purist myself

(Then I learnt the error of my ways from Mario)
    Hey, please be clear on this one!!!! Amateur?? Not the best??? Or the nymphing thing???

Sjo, this is a Lunch Bar moment of note!!!!
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Mario

Sorry, I forgot, I did teach you how to fish a dry fly across and downstream on the swing (submerged)

RAB's? That's a whole new thread topic. But I'll bet there are one or two in your flybox now Chris is the only guy I know who does not use an original, huge RAB. He uses a BLAB

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6