Thread: Flashy Profile SBS pls?

Default Flashy Profile SBS pls?

Hi All
    Does anyone know where I could get hold of a decent flashy profile sbs? Just acquired a boat and thought that they would be quite an important addition to my fly box with this in mind. I will be targetting yellowtail and bonito/katonkel/Sarda genus with them. Firstly am I on the right track and secondly How do I make them. I would really appreciate some help
    Thanks in advance
    An honest fisherman is a pretty uninteresting person.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and not only is he hungry but broke for the rest of his life as well.

Mate, they are not too difficult a pattern to tie.

You can either tie them on a tube ( a lollipop stick, piece of plastic tube, copper pipe, whatever) or directly to the hooks you are using.

Use a hi-low technique of tying - this is the trick to the pattern that Kate and Bill Howe advocate.
    Fold the materials over each other. This makes the halo effect you are looking for.

Stagger the lengths to get that taper.

If you are still struggling drop me a pm and I'll see what I can help with.
    I have shown quite a few blokes how to tie this pattern and most guys get onto it really quickly.

If I have time, I'll try do a SBS.

Edit For the bigger pelagic species the FPF is an awesome pattern, but remember, these can be tied smaller for inshore species as well.
    Another fantastic pattern to try is the ALF (similar to FPF) also from Bill and Kate - excellent for the smaller tuna species and probably something else to keep a stock of.
    Last edited by Kevin James; 07-12-13 at 12:36 AM. Reason: Add some shit

Is this the idea? Not perfect especially when it comes to epoxy and maybe the eye placement could be different and SF material seems a bit floppy but other than that am I on the right track or have I got the wrong idea entirely? Anyone in the know please crit. You don't need to be kind.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and not only is he hungry but broke for the rest of his life as well.

Default Thread: Flashy Profile SBS

Last edited by BuzzLiteBeer; 07-12-13 at 02:38 PM.
    So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish.

I've done an SBS for the FPF.

It will be posted under SBS offshore patterns.
    Just waiting for (Darryl) moderator to get back to me to get it pinned up.

Righto.....

Thanks just seen it and its very well done and very helpful. I really appreciate it.