Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Free Balsa

Wiets Banned User

Default Free Balsa

I have about 1.5 cubic meters (yes, cubic meters) of off-cut balsa left over from the construction of my yacht. Not that it will matter much to the fish, but this is top premium balsa used in the aerospace industry. The original balsa was in die cut sheet form measuring 1200 x 600 mm - the balsa is in 19 and 25 mm thickness. There is enough balsa in the pic directly below for at least 50 poppers.

If anybody is interested, I'm willing to give you enough balsa for at least 200 poppers. Any takers?

Last edited by Wiets; 29-05-07 at 12:06 PM.

PMd you ..
    the patient mental...

Wiets Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by dpammenter View Post
    PMd you ..

hey Wiets!

are you serious about GIVING that stuff away? i'll even pay! i use it for model planes as well as poppers (well, the poppers will be a new thing)

cheers
    Devlin
    Hi Devlin

These are all left overs from my yacht and besides making poppers from this, I have no further use for it. Also pointless to keep all this stuff for myself as it will take me a couple of life times to work through all of this.

Since you are distributing the fly swap - maybe you will volunteer to distribute the balsa as my time is at a premium.

yeh, ok. i can do that if you like
    the patient mental...

hi wiets
    also pm'd you. devlin i'll have a bit of that, if you can add me to your mailing list.
    cheers
    Behold the fisherman. he riseth early in the morning and disturbeth the whole household. mighty are his preperations. he goes forth full of hope and when the day is ended, he returneth smelling of strong drink and the truth is not with him. originator unknown.

my stuff.... http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=824[/SIZE]

you're the first one on the list - who's next
    the patient mental...

Quote Originally Posted by dpammenter View Post
    you're the first one on the list - who's next
    I'll have some please.
    Daryl Human

The solution to any problem -- work, love, money, whatever -- is to go fishing, and the worse the problem, the longer the trip should be. --John Gierach

That's awesome Wiets, thanks for the generous offer! I still have some bits and pieces left over from a bygone era, but I'll know where to go knocking if ever I need....not so Devlin?
    "Innocence is a wild trout. But we humans, being complicated, have to pursue innocence in complex ways" - Datus Proper

i added your name to the list before you even commented, Chris
    the patient mental...

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Wiets View Post
    If anybody is interested, I'm willing to give you enough balsa for at least 200 poppers. Any takers?
    [/CENTER]
    I'd love some please!

Thanks
    "We all fish for our own enjoyment - me for mine and you for yours, nobody can say what is right and what is wrong." - Jim Leisenring

Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 1