Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My pb smy

Default My pb smy

I caught my pb smallmouth at shoemans drif in the vaal last friday. This happened after 3 days straight fishing. Im a student, so i have lots of free time. I had put my rod down and called it quits because by back was stuffed. As i was waiting for my mate to pack up i thought id make 1 last cast and hooked into this sizer. It gave me a 25 min fight on my lil 4-5 rod with a miniture 3-4 reel on it. The fish weighed 3.8 kg and was caught on a bloodworm. I dont think ill forget that day any time soon. image.jpg

Lovely fish, I just hope your marks will be as good as the fish.
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)
    Nymphing, adds depth to your fly fishing.
    Nymphing, is fly fishing in another dimension

nice fish, well done. 3 days straight fishing ... crumbs what i would give to be young and have some free time again!

Quote Originally Posted by Rooiwillie View Post
    This happened after 3 days straight fishing. Im a student, so i have lots of free time. I had put my rod down and called it quits because by back was stuffed. image.jpg
    ---------------------------------------------
    http://wildjohannesburg.blogspot.com

Great fish Hein, well done!

Ahh the days of being a student in potch.. how I miss them! Passed through potch yesterday back from a site, damn I forgot how lovely time summer on the puk is (hot weather, sexy girls, short skirts...hmm!:biggrin:)

Schoemans was where I started fishing for yellows, we fished that place for 5 years, week in and week out, irrespective of pending exams or assignments! Caught my PB smallie of 4kg there as well. You are right, you wont forget this fight for a loooooong time!

Did you perhaps measure the fish as well Hein?

Best of luck with the studies, enjoy every second of it and make it as best you can! This truelly is the second best time of your life! (the best of course being marrying the woman you love )

Best regards

Jaco

Quote Originally Posted by Korrie View Post
    Lovely fish, I just hope your marks will be as good as the fish.
    LOL Korrie, who cares about marks of you can catch this size fish!

I dont have a lenght measure, so unfortunately not. I only found out about the place about a month ago. Im mostly into bass fishing as im from Natal (close to Goedertrouw and we have a few farm dams), but after this i think ill be putting my bassrods away for a while. Problem is ive only got a month left here then im done with my studies. Would have gone tomorrow, but now ive got a big assignmend to finish. Hopefully ill find some good waters back home were i can try for scalies.

Well done mate - really a beautiful fish!

I caught my pb smallmouth at shoemans drif in the vaal last friday. This happened after 3 days straight fishing. Im a student, so i have lots of free time. I had put my rod down and called it quits because by back was stuffed. As i was waiting for my mate to pack up i thought id make 1 last cast and hooked into this sizer. It gave me a 25 min fight on my lil 4-5 rod with a miniture 3-4 reel on it. The fish weighed 3.8 kg and was caught on a bloodworm. I dont think ill forget that day any time soon. image.jpg
    Hein jou gelukkige Bliksem! Nice vis daai

Jy moet maar Willem join met die lang stok as jy terug kom die kant toe :biggrin:
    Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience - "Ralph Waldo Emerson"
    www.flyordie.co.za

Yes konrad is jy ok hi? Hoe gan dit nog met jou, jou jare laas gesien. Ek sien jy willem en shane vang hulle lekir da by jo swaer. Muni skaam wees om 'n invite di kant toe te stuur ni. Haha

Yes konrad is jy ok hi? Hoe gan dit nog met jou, jou jare laas gesien. Ek sien jy willem en shane vang hulle lekir da by jo swaer. Muni skaam wees om 'n invite di kant toe te stuur ni. Haha
    Yes ek is ook hier! As ek geweet het jy het jou bass plastics neer gesit het vir die lang stok dan sou ek lankal jou saam genooi het :tongue:

Ek en Shane beplan om oor December of January n draai daar by Willem te maak vir n baby Bass of twee, sal lat Willem jou in die loop hou..
    Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience - "Ralph Waldo Emerson"
    www.flyordie.co.za

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast