Thread: Summer Knysna help ~

Thumbs up Summer Knysna help ~

Hi guys howsit going.
    Can any give a helping hand on what flies should take with me for knysna this Xmas ? I will be armed with my trusty 9wt and 10wt rods. Heard theres some good garrick coming out of there ? First time knysna on fly any help would be fantastic.

Thanks
    Last edited by ulquiorra; 06-12-13 at 02:59 PM. Reason: spelling and typing error

the usual suspects...surface pattern and some deceivers and clousers and maybe a brush fly or 2. Im sure the locals like Brian will offer advice.I havnt had much experience in the lagoon.
    stephen is wishing he was fishing location x right now.......

Stephen Smith

Yes, I could ad my 2 cents here.
    And am also excited to mention that a few Spring has been caught in the lagoon last week.
    I have landed a few Garrick on the train bridge. I've been getting report of tailing Grunter, but very easily spooked.As far as flies go Mr Smith hits the nail on the head.
    If you go to Breezers on Gray street, you will find all the flies needed for the lagoon. Speak to Peter Baker or Dillon. I tied a new batch a week ago, Deceivers, Clousers, GSM, Gurglers and Flippers -All you will need.
    I'd probably be there having a coffee.
    " Not tonight baby! I gotta fly"

Howsit,

I think I met Brian on that bridge and let me say it does not look like an easy place to fish.

I walked down to the last bridge and fished off the bank, caught 1 baby leery and lost one.

Fly was a white gurgler. seems to work better with a fast retrieve.

Those bridge fisherman are nuts !

I was joined by a mate and his brother in law from up country. I got a nice leerie that morning on the bridge. It takes time to get comfortable there, but the rewards can be very good. And with the elevation you usually see the fish coming to the fly and you see some monsters following the fish you are fighting.Garrick new1 sh.jpgbridge sh.jpg
    " Not tonight baby! I gotta fly"