Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: #7 10" still water rod???

Thanks for the feed back, one or 2 options, that I did not think about, but will add into the equation.
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)
    Nymphing, adds depth to your fly fishing.
    Nymphing, is fly fishing in another dimension

Hi Korrie, have you taken a look at the Stealth Bombers? A 7wt line on a 6wt Bomber would be an awesome combo! All my lines are 6/7wt, and cast perfectly on my Bomber... definitely worth having a look.

Nick
    Catch and Release fishing is a lot like golf. You don't have to eat the ball to have a good time...

Korrie i would suggest you still look at the Beaulahs. If you are thinking about a 7wt rod to fish driftboat style with long 3 fly leaders mostly (I can only assume that cos i cant think of any other reason to fish a 7 weight on stillwaters for trout), then dont go american - go UK/European - they know about that stuff cos they do it much more, and i see the guys on UK forums always talking about the Beaulah rods so i think you should still look at them.
    "So hereís my point. Donít go and get your ego all out of proportion because you can tie a fly and catch a fish thatís dumb enough to eat a car key.." - Louis Cahill - Gink and Gasoline

Stealth infinity
    sage vxp
    st croix legend ultra
    Good rods,not overly stiff,nice feel from all three and nice casting rods

I see an interesting couple of months ahead to try out the rods, and doing the research.
    Very good points have been raised, to ponder on and think about.
    If something does pop up, somewhere else, do post it.
    Many thanks for all the contributions, I really do appreciate it.
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)
    Nymphing, adds depth to your fly fishing.
    Nymphing, is fly fishing in another dimension

Korrie, Im in the same boat. Im looking for a 10' 6# which is a bit soft (not slow) and a bomb of a 10' 7#. Both of my rods are 3 pc and although I love them, I cant fit them in my travel bag so they need to go. Ill be interested to set up a test of a few if you are keen?
    Around the steel no tortur'd worm shall twine, No blood of living insect stain my line;
    Let me, less cruel, cast feather'd hook, With pliant rod athwart the pebbled brook,
    Silent along the mazy margin stray, And with fur-wrought fly delude the prey

The bombers are really old technology (IMHO) they are heavy and really lazy.

If you are currently using an XP and like the action, rather look at the Sage One, it's newer technology but retains the softer tip for delicate presentations with enough backbone to chuck big flies and long lines comfortably. The BVK gives the One solid upwind in terms of performance.

If you're looking at something much wilder, then look at the Sage TCX, it was much tougher than the TCR and if you like it, then look instead at the Sage Method, it is to the TCX what the TCX was to the TCR, except new technology (lighter, stronger, etc)

Then compare that to the TFO Axiom and the BVK.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Hierdie drol het baie vlieŽ" - Ago 2014.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12