Thread: Anyone keen to fish the Bushmans on Sunday?

Default Anyone keen to fish the Bushmans on Sunday?

Hi Guys,

I will be down in Durban this weekend staying in Westville. Anyone keen to drive down and fish the Bushmans for the day? I won't have a car (need to leave it for the other guys to use) but happy to share fuel costs.
    “Apparently people don't like the truth, but I do like it; I like it because it upsets a lot of people. If you show them enough times that their arguments are bullshit, then maybe just once, one of them will say, 'Oh! Wait a minute - I was wrong.' I live for that happening. Rare, I assure you” ― Lemmy Kilmister

Reap the Whirlwind - WM

Paradise = A 3wt Rod & a fist full of someone else's #32 parachutes

In Westville, there is a little stream, with Scalies and bass, should you not come right.
    A taxi should be able to drop you off and collect you for about R200.00 depending on where you are.
    Will go thru my records and try and find the number of one of the locals, that can give you the exact access details
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)
    Nymphing, adds depth to your fly fishing.
    Nymphing, is fly fishing in another dimension

I might have a gap - which section are you interested in? Parks Board or Tribal? Tribal has fewer but bigger fish (up to 25" browns and some good 'bows to 18") - I know it very well. PB is pretty with mostly small fish - I haven't fished it for this reason.

Rolfe

Quote Originally Posted by dlampert View Post
    Hi Guys,

I will be down in Durban this weekend staying in Westville. Anyone keen to drive down and fish the Bushmans for the day? I won't have a car (need to leave it for the other guys to use) but happy to share fuel costs.
    Not sure I'm going to be able to get away for a full Sunday Darryl since I'm going to Vidal the next weekend. I'll feel it out with the wife and see how it goes.

The reserve is stunning and a great dry fly section. The tribal lands are awesome nymphing water with far better fish. The stretch just below the reserve is actually private and you can only fish it if nobody is in the cottage. The tribal land is great but there have been a lot of cars broken into so be careful where you park.

Korrie, living just outside Westville I'd love to hear about your secret little stream...if you don't mind sharing I have a feeling I know where it is, but have never been brave enough to leave a car. I like your taxi idea.
    - Warren Prior

"Never a dull moment!"

Quote Originally Posted by WazzyP View Post
    Not sure I'm going to be able to get away for a full Sunday Darryl since I'm going to Vidal the next weekend. I'll feel it out with the wife and see how it goes.

The reserve is stunning and a great dry fly section. The tribal lands are awesome nymphing water with far better fish. The stretch just below the reserve is actually private and you can only fish it if nobody is in the cottage. The tribal land is great but there have been a lot of cars broken into so be careful where you park.

Korrie, living just outside Westville I'd love to hear about your secret little stream...if you don't mind sharing I have a feeling I know where it is, but have never been brave enough to leave a car. I like your taxi idea.
    I think there are only one "whorthwhile" stream in the area.
    a large section runs thru "very safe" area. should not be a problem leaving the carriage alone, for a couple of hours.
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)
    Nymphing, adds depth to your fly fishing.
    Nymphing, is fly fishing in another dimension

Quote Originally Posted by allsorts View Post
    I might have a gap - which section are you interested in? Parks Board or Tribal? Tribal has fewer but bigger fish (up to 25" browns and some good 'bows to 18") - I know it very well. PB is pretty with mostly small fish - I haven't fished it for this reason.

Rolfe
    thanks Rolfe, I have fished the PB water several times and like it for the beauty - fish size doesn't really concern me. I am probably fishing with Peter Brigg but please PM me your contact details in case it falls through. I wouldn't mind giving the tribal water a crack. Sent you a PM, sorry I didn't include your name. Thanks, Darryl
    “Apparently people don't like the truth, but I do like it; I like it because it upsets a lot of people. If you show them enough times that their arguments are bullshit, then maybe just once, one of them will say, 'Oh! Wait a minute - I was wrong.' I live for that happening. Rare, I assure you” ― Lemmy Kilmister

Reap the Whirlwind - WM

Quote Originally Posted by WazzyP View Post

Thanks for the offer Warren, a long way to travel from Durban for a half days fishing?

Reap the Whirlwind - WM

Quote Originally Posted by Korrie View Post
    In Westville, there is a little stream, with Scalies and bass, should you not come right.
    A taxi should be able to drop you off and collect you for about R200.00 depending on where you are.
    Will go thru my records and try and find the number of one of the locals, that can give you the exact access details
    thanks Korrie, I prefer to fish beautiful places where I am not looking over my shoulder the whole time

Reap the Whirlwind - WM