Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best glue / adhesive for 3D eyes

Default Best glue / adhesive for 3D eyes

Apart from epoxy what other glues could you recommend to glue on 3D eyes? Been reading up a bit and liquid fusion's name popped up a few times any other ideas perhaps, what about a Pratley or Pattex product?

Thanx
    Last edited by Gerrit Viljoen; 28-01-14 at 12:32 PM.
    Gerrit Viljoen

Gerrit, onto what are you trying to glue them?

Mc mostly synthetics thanx.
    Gerrit Viljoen

Liquid fusion is great, dunno who stocks locally. I also use Loons Soft Head, works as well.

It sure looks and sounds the part have an order on the way from Craig thanx Arno. Many other applications can't wait!!
    Last edited by Gerrit Viljoen; 28-01-14 at 08:12 PM.
    Gerrit Viljoen

Hi Gerrit

I've used Liquid Fusion and didn't like it at all. It actually shrinks as it dries and I find the bond to be quite weak.

For the most part I still rely on High Build to finish off heads and this includes gluing on the eyes after lightly securing them with a very small amount of super glue.

It'll be interesting to hear your thoughts on the Fusion after you've tried it.

Cheers
    MC

Mc thanks I remember you mentioned HB to me once but to give you an idea the okes here in Parys don't even know what Epoxy is.... so never mind HB. I have my fusion on the way but is stuck in JHB due to strikes again so who knows when I'll receive it??? Will post my findings sure thing!
    Gerrit Viljoen

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by The Largie Whisperer View Post
    y but is stuck in JHB due to strikes again so who knows when I'll receive it??? Will post my findings sure thing!
    Tell me about it - waiting for some blanks and stuff :-(
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

MC has valid points there. LF doesn't create a great bond, I use it more as a flexible covering for fly eyes or heads, after attaching them with Loctite. I am not a fan of epoxies simply due to my preference for a flexible, dare I say soft head???

It also takes a longs time to dry, preferably on a drier, as well as a number of applications. But the finish is very clear, hardy and flexible and more realistic than rock hard epoxy IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by smallstreams.co.za View Post
    Tell me about it - waiting for some blanks and stuff :-(
    Het gehoor daar is 'n hofbevel wat sÍ hulle moet Maandag terugkeer werk toe.... iemand het seker 'n dringende aansoek gebring??
    Gerrit Viljoen

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast