Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cool tool

Quote Originally Posted by dlampert View Post
    I must try one out - you can never have enough tying tools or material :-)
    .....or Sages!
    Gerrit Viljoen

Quote Originally Posted by The Largie Whisperer View Post
    .....or Sages!
    That is true although my collection of Sages is small :-)
    “Apparently people don't like the truth, but I do like it; I like it because it upsets a lot of people. If you show them enough times that their arguments are bullshit, then maybe just once, one of them will say, 'Oh! Wait a minute - I was wrong.' I live for that happening. Rare, I assure you” ― Lemmy Kilmister

Reap the Whirlwind - WM

Paradise = A 3wt Rod & a fist full of someone else's #32 parachutes

D what do you think of his hackle plier? I don't like it that much hey I think MP is trying too hard sometimes IMHO. Very inventive as always but not always functional.
    I agree that not all of his tools are great. Ed bought one of his hackle pliers when they came out and I tried it but didn't like it. I own several different hackle pliers and have yet to find anything better than these for my kind of tying:

griff-regular-hackle-pliers.jpg

I also tried his vise when Ed bought it and thought it was totally over engineered!
    “Apparently people don't like the truth, but I do like it; I like it because it upsets a lot of people. If you show them enough times that their arguments are bullshit, then maybe just once, one of them will say, 'Oh! Wait a minute - I was wrong.' I live for that happening. Rare, I assure you” ― Lemmy Kilmister

Reap the Whirlwind - WM

Paradise = A 3wt Rod & a fist full of someone else's #32 parachutes

4. Default

Try those electrical wire/chip holder thingies of Hans H yet?? They cost like 15 ZAR or something like that.
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Stock at StreamX in a week. Remind me and I will tell you if it works.
    Regards
    Craig

So far I have found these to be the best hackle pliers

stonfo-577.jpg
    Regards
    Craig

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12