Thread: need some help with pricing please ouens...

Default need some help with pricing please ouens...

got the following kit but I have no idea what I can ask for it... Please could you guys give me an idea as I don't know the value retention of fly kit....got the following

1 x Stealth Rise 9ft 5wt (cast once, a month old) paid R999
    1 x Explorer Classic 11 9ft 4/5wt (few days old, still plastic on the cork never been cast before) paid R1300
    1 x Hardy Uniqua large arbor 5/6wt (mint condition) paid R2000...

Anyone have any idea what I can ask for the lot...would like to sell as complete setup...so a total price indication would be great....
    The principles in life you gather from fly-fishing will make you a better more successfull person...

Please let us know who charged you R1300-00 for the Classic II because you've been seriously ripped off.

angling and outdoor world Nelspruit
    The principles in life you gather from fly-fishing will make you a better more successfull person...

I would suggest you get the market price for each item (not what you paid) and knock off at least 30% from that to give you the best chance of moving this kit quickly.

Stealth Rise - what you paid seems about right
    Xplorer Classic 2 - R 800 is more realistic as a market price
    Hardy Uniqua - I paid R1400 for mine at a shop in Pta
    Bryan Williams

“My Biggest worry is that my wife will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it!”

Check out my albums

Also not sure if selling it as kit will work. Someone buying a Classic II will rather get a R300 Stealth joppie from Gumtree IMO, and who would want two (upper entry level) 9ft 5 wts anyway?.

Could be wrong though...??