Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bushmans Brown

Default Bushmans Brown

Hi guys fished the Bushmans this past weekend and managed to catch my biggest brown trout yesterday. I spotted a fish at the opposite bank, casted my RAB and the fly was in the feeding lane. Waited anxiously for the fish to chow the fly, the fly moved above the fish and saw the fish rise and gently sip on the fly, manage to time the strike perfectly and was glad when i felt a solid fish at the end of my line, had some beautiful jumps and nursed the fish to my landing net. My previous best river trout was a 39cm rainbow also on the Bushmans, this fish measured 43cm. Hopefully will get that 20 incher. next time.

The river is looking awesome and took all of our fish on dry, mainly on a RAB and some on a humpy. Just wish i could get out there more often.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Congrats, great fish!
    “Apparently people don't like the truth, but I do like it; I like it because it upsets a lot of people. If you show them enough times that their arguments are bullshit, then maybe just once, one of them will say, 'Oh! Wait a minute - I was wrong.' I live for that happening. Rare, I assure you” ― Lemmy Kilmister

Reap the Whirlwind - WM

Paradise = A 3wt Rod & a fist full of someone else's #32 parachutes

Stellenbosch and Kuils River, Western Cape

Nicely done!

Blog Entries

Excellent man! Great job!
    Check out some of my FF pics - http://www.flickr.com/photos/30562135@N07/

Shot thanks guys, Darryl have you perhaps manged to catch a 20 incher on the Bushmans?

Quote Originally Posted by Pappa Roach View Post
    Shot thanks guys, Darryl have you perhaps manged to catch a 20 incher on the Bushmans?
    Hi Hitesh,

I have not. I have fished the Bushmans several times but always in the reserve - the larger fish are typically around Snowflake cottage and the lower down in the tribal waters. I like the beauty of the upper section and keep going back to it - will need to try the lower water sometime.
    “Apparently people don't like the truth, but I do like it; I like it because it upsets a lot of people. If you show them enough times that their arguments are bullshit, then maybe just once, one of them will say, 'Oh! Wait a minute - I was wrong.' I live for that happening. Rare, I assure you” ― Lemmy Kilmister

Reap the Whirlwind - WM

Paradise = A 3wt Rod & a fist full of someone else's #32 parachutes

Blog Entries

Great Fish that! Must have been great on dry.

I need to get to that section of the river this month.
    Last edited by Ko7Ad; 03-04-14 at 09:28 AM.
    Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience - "Ralph Waldo Emerson"
    www.flyordie.co.za

awesome fish...if you know where to go on thzt river, there are some beauts. Great fish, lovely jaw
    bushveld scalies - worth the blood, sweat and tears

Awesome fish Pappa Roach!! Well done! I have never heard of Snowflake Cottage. May I ask where it is?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Super_daav View Post
    Awesome fish Pappa Roach!! Well done! I have never heard of Snowflake Cottage. May I ask where it is?
    The location and contact details of snowflake cottage seem to be a well-kept secret. After days of scouring the web with not a soul leaking any more than just the name of the place I can attest to it.

If you however follow the river downstream from Gaints Castle to find a neat cottage on the banks of the river and then look for the nearest place of intrest on google maps and then give them a call you may be surprised with what you find...
    Last edited by Ko7Ad; 07-04-14 at 10:01 AM.
    Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience - "Ralph Waldo Emerson"
    www.flyordie.co.za

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast