Thread: Salty Bugger and other flies, where to buy ?

Default Salty Bugger and other flies, where to buy ?

Hi guys,

Going to Cape Vidal for a week fishing , arranged only few days ago .
    Do not have time for tying flies , only few old and almost destroyed Salty Buggers left (tied by my friend Sudesh Pursuad, who also doesn't have time for tying right now) .
    SB's are my favoured fly pattern for Cape Vidal beach fly fishing .

I don't like those "mass produced" flies one can buy in our FF stores , tied very poorly with wrong material on cheap hooks, and get apart after few fish..

Is there any fly tier here on Fly Talk who sell decent Salt Buggers , small closers, whatever pattern - for light Salt Fishing with #6 weight rod , hook size size #4-6 , where #6 is preferable.

This year I will try , for the first time, to fish my Epic Fast Glass rods in the Salt, #4 and #5 weight , so flies can be even smaller , down to #8 or even #10 hook size ? Did anyone tried so small flies in the Salt ?
    I have more than enough bigger flies for #9-12 weight rod, smaller ones are scarce .

Willing to buy before depart for CV at 19th of April.

If fish like the flies, I am keen to give casting lesson free of charge to lucky fly tier !

Thanks in advance,
    Zoran

ps
    here is the photo of Sudesh SB fly , from William , member of this site and member of Sexyloops as well .
    If you are around - Hello Willie !
    (post #24)
    http://ultralightflyfishing.com/foru...=2175&start=20
    Last edited by Zoran; 09-04-14 at 11:43 PM.

Nope sorry but I'll see you down there with my store bought flies.

I'll be the guy playing around with the 7wt and #4 hooks if the wind is not blowing.
    Last edited by shark_za; 12-04-14 at 11:46 AM.