Thread: Zululand freshwaters????!?!?!?!?!

Question Zululand freshwaters????!?!?!?!?!

Hi this is BENCHWARMER<*)))))<

I want to know if there are any local waters near richardsbay,empangeni were i can go carp,bass and kurper fly fishing any place in the 0 -90 km from richardsbay could fit me. Please help a fellow fly fisher out!!!!!!!

Blog Entries

Well I know of nice spot in Mtubatuba. Pumula lodge just as you drive into town. It has a day fee of R50pp and has some big bass and full of tilapia the main dam.

Other than this Goedertrou Dam near Eshowe can also be tried from shore on the dam wall early mornings for bass.

For carp I am still searching myself...

Sent from my SGP321 using Tapatalk
    Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience - "Ralph Waldo Emerson"
    www.flyordie.co.za

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ko7Ad View Post
    Well I know of nice spot in Mtubatuba. Pumula lodge just as you drive into town. It has a day fee of R50pp and has some big bass and full of tilapia the main dam.

Other than this Goedertrou Dam near Eshowe can also be tried from shore on the dam wall early mornings for bass.

For carp I am still searching myself...

Sent from my SGP321 using Tapatalk
    And to add to that with regards to Goedies...if any of you watched Freespool Angling a while ago...that Mark De la Hey fella caught one of these in Goedies...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Bubble, Bubble, Bubble and Squeak...I think this mixture is too weak!!!???" (Wrex Tarr)

That looks like a Nembwe?
    "Hierdie drol het baie vlieŽ" - Ago 2014.

Blog Entries

Yip Bertu!
    Bubble, Bubble, Bubble and Squeak...I think this mixture is too weak!!!???" (Wrex Tarr)

Blog Entries

Definitly one to add to the species list at Goedertrou but I don't think they are nearly as abundant as the private farms dams in and near Melmoth just bit higher up from Goedertrou. Atleast there you can specifically target them on fly and not so much a by-catch whilst targeting bass.
    Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience - "Ralph Waldo Emerson"
    www.flyordie.co.za

Hi Ko7Ad

Believe it or not i've been at pumula lodge before but the weather was not on ours side and we caught nothing. What was your success there and what type flies did you use? It looks like a cool place will go there anytime what is the average bass there?

phumula is sharp my mate Jakisan fishes there.....his pd came out that dam....
    The principles in life you gather from fly-fishing will make you a better more successfull person...