Thread: Blue Halo fibreglass blanks & rods

Default Blue Halo fibreglass blanks & rods

Just been onto the Blue Halo website...great looking rods and blanks.$299 for a complete rod.Who owns one of these beauties?

2. Default

Jip, own one, built 2 others so far, they are great!!
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

the 3wt mario?can you get these blanks?

4. Default

Jip, the BH guys are super to work with. Their CEO is a guy named Cortney Boice, if you are on FB check him out, some stunning pics of their rods. The Gen2 blanks are $150, but check out the Gen1 blanks with spigot ferrules, they are at a discount rate, and there is NOTHING wrong with them.
    Mario Geldenhuys

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by saflyfish View Post
    the 3wt mario?can you get these blanks?
    Yes, I have done 3 3-weights. One for myself, one for Pieter Taljaard, and the 3rd for a client in the USA. I'm busy with a white blank from another supplier, VERY similar to the BH stuff, 7'3 in a #3. When it's done I'm sending it down to CT for some guys to test drive - you are more than welcome to do the same if you can wait a while. However, check out the Gen1 blanks, they are like $50 i think!!
    Mario Geldenhuys

Quote Originally Posted by smallstreams.co.za View Post
    Yes, I have done 3 3-weights. One for myself, one for Pieter Taljaard, and the 3rd for a client in the USA. I'm busy with a white blank from another supplier, VERY similar to the BH stuff, 7'3 in a #3. When it's done I'm sending it down to CT for some guys to test drive - you are more than welcome to do the same if you can wait a while. However, check out the Gen1 blanks, they are like $50 i think!!
    Hi Mario

I would be very greatful if I could also form part of the testing team

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Jean Bence View Post
    Hi Mario

I would be very greatful if I could also form part of the testing team
    No problem Jean, you guys can talk to each other once it's in person A's hands.
    Mario Geldenhuys