Thread: Middle Kraai info

Default Middle Kraai info

Hi All

I've been doing some blue-lining ahead of a trip to the Rhodes area and once again my attention has been drawn to the area downstream from the R58 bridge on the Kraai river pass all the way to where the R344 crosses the Kraai. (downstream from the Donnybrook beat)

Does anyone know anything about the area, particularly whether some of the tributaries like the Wasbankrivier or the Holspruit get clear enough to make fishing worthwhile? Are there trout in any of these tributaries?

I will likely do a reconnaissance trip driving around next week, so any help would be appreciated, even if simply via PM.

Thanks

Dave

2. Default

Great water ... in fact, fantastic water. The tribs are not that great, most of them don't hold water all year round. We'll be fishing in that vicinity on the 3rd, maybe even before that ... what dates are you down?
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Hi Mario

I'll be on the Sterkspruit from 26-30 April and just outside Rhodes town from 1-4 May. I'm hoping to do a reconnaissance on 1 May as I have to go to Barkly that day. It looks like a 180km round trip from Barkly to the R344 via Clanville and back.
    I'd love to catch up if convenient, will send a PM.

4. Default

Cool - we are there 30 April - 04 May (staying midway between Barkly and Rhodes). Would have gone on the 26th but I have a couple of rods and nets to finish.
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett