Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A knot for attaching poly yarn to your leader?

Default A knot for attaching poly yarn to your leader?

im looking for the best knot to attach a small poly yarn indicator to my leader.Please advise.

Quote Originally Posted by saflyfish View Post
    im looking for the best knot to attach a small poly yarn indicator to my leader.Please advise.
    Google "knot to attach indicator"

http://www.netknots.com/fishing_knot...en-loop-method
    http://www.flyshop.co.nz/indicator_knots.html
    http://midcurrent.com/gear/rigging-y...ly-indicators/
    Gary
    Flytyer - Where great flytying begins

Stellenbosch and Kuils River, Western Cape

Ed Herbst describes a method where he connects two lengths of tippet by surgeon loops then pinches a piece of floatant treated yarn in between the loops.

4. Default

Looks like a good one ...
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Quote Originally Posted by smallstreams.co.za View Post

Looks like a good one ...
    That is the one I use - haven't found an issue with it slipping at all. I like it because its easy to remove or move the yarn if required.
    “Apparently people don't like the truth, but I do like it; I like it because it upsets a lot of people. If you show them enough times that their arguments are bullshit, then maybe just once, one of them will say, 'Oh! Wait a minute - I was wrong.' I live for that happening. Rare, I assure you” ― Lemmy Kilmister

Reap the Whirlwind - WM

Paradise = A 3wt Rod & a fist full of someone else's #32 parachutes

6. Default

Since I started using the NZ Indicator tube tool thingy I have not looked at indicator knots again. Must be said, when I ran out of little tubes on the water, being able to fall back on the open loop was a blessing. Iow, always good to know some sort of knot.

Will try that half-hitch indicator knot too - looks too easy and quick to ignore.
    Mario Geldenhuys

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Blog Entries

Mario, What is this NZ rig tube thingy you speak of?
    Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience - "Ralph Waldo Emerson"
    www.flyordie.co.za

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Ko7Ad View Post
    Mario, What is this NZ rig tube thingy you speak of?
    http://www.strikeindicator.com/

Very nice little gadget - easy to make yourself too if you don't want to pay the R150-odd. Worth buying or making.

Mario Geldenhuys

Blog Entries

Thanks Mario. It looks great!

Whilst on the subject of poly indicators. I have never tried poly indicators myself as I have always stuck to putties, so I have been wondering how well does it keep a 2x nymphs (say size #12 and #16 loaded with Tungsten Beads) floating? I noticed putties do not make for the best presentation
    Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience - "Ralph Waldo Emerson"
    www.flyordie.co.za

who in sa stocks the nz strike indicator tool kit?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast