Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So who is going fishing this weekend?

Default So who is going fishing this weekend?

I'm off to Treeferns tomorrow morning until Monday.

Let's see if we can keep this thread alive to see where fellow forumites will be hunting trout every weekend. It's always nice to hook up with fellow forumites at the water's edge.

I'm going to do a spot of fishing on our local river near Pietermaritzburg for scalies and trout on Sunday. I'm really looking forward to an upcoming trip in the beginning of July...hopefully going to get into a couple of busses in the upper Dargle area, an area Mr Lampert knows all to well I'm sure...luckily only about 50kms from my place.

Tight lines for this weekend StrikeF.
    A man who lies to his own fishing diary is capable of anything and I usually like to think I have some limits.

Heading to Dullies, somewhere called "Zuikerboschhoek Lodge"... if Fishing is great there, then will book Laverpa on Sunday.
    I'll stay as long as i can fish. . .

Whenever the "club" for geniuses - MENSA - was mentioned, I always wondered if their was an opposite equivalent society for imbeciles. Now I know, it's called ANCYL.

Quote Originally Posted by Matyx View Post
    I'm going to do a spot of fishing on our local river near Pietermaritzburg for scalies and trout on Sunday. I'm really looking forward to an upcoming trip in the beginning of July...hopefully going to get into a couple of busses in the upper Dargle area, an area Mr Lampert knows all to well I'm sure...luckily only about 50kms from my place.

Tight lines for this weekend StrikeF.
    Never been there before but happy to receive an invite ;-)
    “Apparently people don't like the truth, but I do like it; I like it because it upsets a lot of people. If you show them enough times that their arguments are bullshit, then maybe just once, one of them will say, 'Oh! Wait a minute - I was wrong.' I live for that happening. Rare, I assure you” ― Lemmy Kilmister

Reap the Whirlwind - WM

Paradise = A 3wt Rod & a fist full of someone else's #32 parachutes

Default So who is going fishing this weekend?

Tigerfish 👽 leaving Gauteng tomorrow at 10AM, back Monday late...

EDIT : I misread ... Didn't see this was Troot specific.
    Last edited by Scythe; 12-06-14 at 11:55 PM.
    "Hierdie drol het baie vlieë" - Ago 2014.

There are so many great dams up there in upper Dargle, I really thought that you would have been there...oh well, when you are next up this way, it would be good to take a couple days up there...I do have a few good contacts that can put you on great waters and ever some streams.
    A man who lies to his own fishing diary is capable of anything and I usually like to think I have some limits.

There are so many great dams up there in upper Dargle, I really thought that you would have been there...oh well, when you are next up this way, it would be good to take a couple days up there...I do have a few good contacts that can put you on great waters and ever some streams.
    Thanks Matt, will bear it in mind next time I am in the area - same applies if you come down to the Cape. By the way, my Dad is Mr Lampert (Dr actually) I prefer Darryl ;-)
    “Apparently people don't like the truth, but I do like it; I like it because it upsets a lot of people. If you show them enough times that their arguments are bullshit, then maybe just once, one of them will say, 'Oh! Wait a minute - I was wrong.' I live for that happening. Rare, I assure you” ― Lemmy Kilmister

Reap the Whirlwind - WM

Quote Originally Posted by dlampert View Post
    Thanks Matt, will bear it in mind next time I am in the area - same applies if you come down to the Cape. By the way, my Dad is Mr Lampert (Dr actually) I prefer Darryl ;-)
    I figured as much haha, I did a fair amount of fishing when I was much younger with Dr Tom, so more than likely I've fished or at least met your pops (legendary fishermen imo). Tiny world eh!! I've never fished the Cape before but do intend to try my hand in the Barkley area...bucket list stuff.

I figured as much haha, I did a fair amount of fishing when I was much younger with Dr Tom, so more than likely I've fished or at least met your pops (legendary fishermen imo). Tiny world eh!! I've never fished the Cape before but do intend to try my hand in the Barkley area...bucket list stuff.
    Somewhere along the line things have got crossed ;-) Tom has never met my Dad or fished with him for that matter. My Dad taught me to fly fish 40 odd years ago which makes him legendary imho. Last time my Dad fished with me was a year or two ago at a stillwater in Franschhoek. He is nearly 80 and with a couple of medical issues, its unlikely he will fish again. With a bit of luck Tom will be joining us on our annual trip to Highland Lodge in August.

Reap the Whirlwind - WM

I'm fishing in the Boston Fly Fishing Festival (http://bahaflyfishing.co.za/index.ph...festival-2013/). Very close to the Dargle area. In fact I think some of the Dargle waters may be in the comp. Always an awesome event.
    - Warren Prior

"Never a dull moment!"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast