Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Sage trc 7wt 10ft

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    No, the TCR is designed for long casts with minimum effort, for the person who knows how to cast. Might find it will be easier than you think. I also think a 7wt in our conditions is an overkill, but then my Stillwater rod of choice is a 9 foot 9, 4wt, so don't go too much by what I say
    Andre I was referring to the extra weight
    The closer one gets to realizing his destiny, the more that destiny becomes his true reason for being! Paulo Coelho

Yes I know that, but I presume that you mean "swing weight", and hence my answer, it would probably be easier than you think, based on the fact that swing weight actually assists a cast with a very long leader.
    Quote Originally Posted by Umhlangarox View Post
    Andre I was referring to the extra weight
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

The application that I would use it for would be bombing out big cast with teams of 3 lures as well as for fishing sinking lines. Most of the comp sinking lines come in 7# only so you need either a very powerful 6# like a bomber or a 7#. Ill fish a 10' 6# Zenith (as soon as I can find a good deal on one) for the rest.
    Around the steel no tortur'd worm shall twine, No blood of living insect stain my line;
    Let me, less cruel, cast feather'd hook, With pliant rod athwart the pebbled brook,
    Silent along the mazy margin stray, And with fur-wrought fly delude the prey

And then Ill go looking for a switch rod in case I ever need to go back to Kvetonov

The French and Italians would roll cast 35m with those things no sweat!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqZgCGFY61w
    Around the steel no tortur'd worm shall twine, No blood of living insect stain my line;
    Let me, less cruel, cast feather'd hook, With pliant rod athwart the pebbled brook,
    Silent along the mazy margin stray, And with fur-wrought fly delude the prey

Quote Originally Posted by GGY View Post
    I'd be curious to cast a 10ft 6 or 7wt TCR/TCX in JHB too...
    Recently read of a guide who fishes a 7WT 10' TCR for Mahseer and he managed a 34lb beast on it, rates it his favourite rod for precision casting streamers in that application.
    "Hierdie drol het baie vlieŽ" - Ago 2014.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234