Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New flyrod

Default New flyrod

Hi guys

I just want to hear your thoughts on the new Sensation saint fly rods. I'm a bass fisherman but want to try something new so i decided on fly fishing. As its only going to be a hobby for me i don't want to spend loads of cash on tackle so i'm looking at the new sensation saint combo. Is it worth the money. I know explorer and stealth are much better but bit above wat i want to pay.

Would love to hear your thoughts.

Unless you have a frame of reference to compare it to, a Sensation rod should make you more than happy.

Sensation's Bass gear is fine for beginners, their camping gear is some of the most durable I have found and the price is excellent, I should think their Fly rod will be great value for money for a beginner with no more than a passing interest in exploring fly fishing.

Go for it, let us know how you progress.
    "Hierdie drol het baie vlieë" - Ago 2014.

Have you done any fly fishing at all?
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

Whats your budget?
    Bryan Williams

“My Biggest worry is that my wife will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it!”

Check out my albums

I had one of those lucky packet fly combos but the rod broke.
    Had lots of fun with it. Caught some good bass on it..

Ha ha ha... why am I not surprised? I have seen more than a few bass anglers breaking fly rods. You guys seem to think that a bass on a fly rod must be handled the same as a bass on a bass rod... sometimes a slightly more subtle approach needs to be considered. :biggrin:
    Quote Originally Posted by Piete View Post
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    Ha ha ha... why am I not surprised? I have seen more than a few bass anglers breaking fly rods. You guys seem to think that a bass on a fly rod must be handled the same as a bass on a bass rod... sometimes a slightly more subtle approach needs to be considered. :biggrin:
    Did he say he broke it whilst fishing?

... or while catching a bass?
    "Hierdie drol het baie vlieë" - Ago 2014.

Sensations are generally nice enough rods. I don't think you will have any issues with it, even if I don't know that model.
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Piete, wont you please clear this up for me and a couple of other members.
    Did the rod break while you were fly fishing for bass, or was it in a car door, did you stand on it, did you drive over it... etc etc etc. Please tell me and these other two guys, how did the rod break.
    I made (perhaps unreasonably) the usumption that the rod broke while you were fishing for bass. My apologies if that is incorrect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Piete View Post

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast