Page 1 of 36 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Wade reels....

Default Wade reels....

Hi Guys....anyone had a good look at these reels yet? I believe they launching them in early August.....apparently slightly cheaper than the shiltons....
    stephen is wishing he was fishing location x right now.......

Stephen Smith

Are you talking about the Jeremy Wade reels? I was not aware that there is a range of fly reels, I thought they only made "Penn style" reels, which are very cool, I wouldn't mind seeing their fly reels when they cone out.
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

Hi Andre...these are locally mnf reels distributed via Stealth.... http://feathersandfluoro.com/2014/06/17/a-reel-for-war/

Stephen Smith

Oh right ok... look very cool
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

I think Gerhard from Flycastaway is running the project.
    Gerrit Viljoen

Was about time a local outfit started giving Shilton the horns... that makes me happy.

They look like Shilton clones to me, but I'm dying to see more info on the drag system (ie : What sets them apart from the Shiltons)
    "Hierdie drol het baie vlieŽ" - Ago 2014.

I think that there are so many reel brands out nowadays, that any resemblance one has to another brand, could be passed off as co incidence. I think Shilton anyway began as a locally made Abel clone, and pretty soon after, developed its own identity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scythe View Post
    Was about time a local outfit started giving Shilton the horns... that makes me happy.

They look like Shilton clones to me, but I'm dying to see more info on the drag system (ie : What sets them apart from the Shiltons)

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    I think that there are so many reel brands out nowadays, that any resemblance one has to another brand, could be passed off as co incidence. I think Shilton anyway began as a locally made Abel clone, and pretty soon after, developed its own identity.
    Sure ... but I didn't say that being a Shilton clone was a bad thing, even if it was an _exact_ clone of the Shilton at a better price than the Shilton, I'd buy it, because I think Shilton are needlessly nailing their South African customers, but that's an entirely different debate.

The link referenced earlier made mention of the Wade being the equivalent of the AK47 (ie : meaner, tougher, able to withstand more abuse in real world use) so that is of interest to me, which is why I'm keen to see if there really are technical improvements in specifically the drag system over what the Shiltons have.
    "Hierdie drol het baie vlieŽ" - Ago 2014.

Bertu!

Nail on the head, Sir!
    Regards
    Adrian

'Life is not a matter of holding good cards but of playing a poor hand well.' ~Robert Louis Stevenson

If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a man and a dog.~ Mark Twain.

Bertu...sometimes you do talk sense the SA ff community are crying out for a solid reasonably priced quality reel...as you say shilton prices have escalated radically.will be interesting to hear what they retail for...

Stephen Smith

Page 1 of 36 1234567891011 ... LastLast