Thread: Vancouver Island

Default Vancouver Island

Has anyone on the forum fished vancouver island? My gran stays there and my girlfriend and myself are planning on going in May and June next year. The great thing is we have access to a vehicle there so we can camp and fish the entire island. I just would like to pick someone's brain for specific areas and rivers to fish and maybe methods as well. Have started to read up on the net as well. Can't wait for you response!

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

PM Andrew Schlosser. He's been fishing there.
    You are a perishable item. Live accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by karoo View Post
    Has anyone on the forum fished vancouver island? My gran stays there and my girlfriend and myself are planning on going in May and June next year. The great thing is we have access to a vehicle there so we can camp and fish the entire island. I just would like to pick someone's brain for specific areas and rivers to fish and maybe methods as well. Have started to read up on the net as well. Can't wait for you response!

I have a friend that are busy fishing VI at the moment.
    if you want, I can PM you his email and you can contact him direct and chat to him.
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)
    Nymphing, adds depth to your fly fishing.
    Nymphing, is fly fishing in another dimension

Korrie that will be great thanks!

Hey, I moved from Stellenbosch to Vancouver in July. Planning on staying here for about three years while I work at UBC. There are so many fly fishing opportunities here in BC, I'm still trying to wrap my head around everything. I'm thinking of making a trip to the island later this year. If you like, I can PM you my email address and I'll let you know when I find out more information

This site seems quite useful: http://www.bcflyfishingresources.com/vanisle/
    Bryan Williams

“My Biggest worry is that my wife will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it!”

Check out my albums

Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    Hey, I moved from Stellenbosch to Vancouver in July. Planning on staying here for about three years while I work at UBC. There are so many fly fishing opportunities here in BC, I'm still trying to wrap my head around everything. I'm thinking of making a trip to the island later this year. If you like, I can PM you my email address and I'll let you know when I find out more information
    Thanks Galen! Ill PM you as well.

Thanks bryan. Then gear wise I have a 3 weight and 5 weight outfit. Would you guya recommend something like an 8 weight?