Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Forum Guidelines

Default Forum Guidelines

Does anyone know if there is a thread or page somewhere on Flytalk that deals with the level of conduct required by posters to Fly Talk?

I am interested to read it if it exists but cant seem to find anything.

Thx
    G
    "So here’s my point. Don’t go and get your ego all out of proportion because you can tie a fly and catch a fish that’s dumb enough to eat a car key.." - Louis Cahill - Gink and Gasoline

Quote Originally Posted by gkieser View Post
    Does anyone know if there is a thread or page somewhere on Flytalk that deals with the level of conduct required by posters to Fly Talk?

I am interested to read it if it exists but cant seem to find anything.

Thx
    G
    I think it was here somewhere ... I really remember something like that - it was a locked thread, not so??
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Think it got censored.

Hehe@BoogerRose

Mario yes I seem to remember it but can't find it now.
    "So here’s my point. Don’t go and get your ego all out of proportion because you can tie a fly and catch a fish that’s dumb enough to eat a car key.." - Louis Cahill - Gink and Gasoline

Grant, I posted a link to it in that other thread!

Here it is, also a sticky thread in forums and when registering. We will make it more visible.

http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/showt...ht=forum+rules

You are only allowed to talk fishing and all must be best buddies

Quote Originally Posted by Basecamp View Post
    and all must be best buddies
    Ahh well... there you go, I guess that all you guys that still have wives, cant post then.:biggrin:
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

Ah Thanks Phillip! So point one in that? You state you won't tolerate it, but what are the repercussions?

Is it just a case of deleting the offending posts or do you do more?

I just thought the comments that were deleted in the other post are not called for on a forum like this and people making comments like that should not be welcome.

At the very least people trusted to be moderators should not be talking like that.

Grant, I second your post.

In case some one wonders what was said, I have some screen shots.
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)
    Nymphing, adds depth to your fly fishing.
    Nymphing, is fly fishing in another dimension

Quote Originally Posted by gkieser View Post
    Ah Thanks Phillip! So point one in that? You state you won't tolerate it, but what are the repercussions?

Is it just a case of deleting the offending posts or do you do more?

I just thought the comments that were deleted in the other post are not called for on a forum like this and people making comments like that should not be welcome.

At the very least people trusted to be moderators should not be talking like that.
    "we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or purposeless inflammatory posts. Our decision is final in these matters"

Agreed, people making comments like that should not be welcome, not in a forum, not on a river, not in a pub, nowhere!
    The closer one gets to realizing his destiny, the more that destiny becomes his true reason for being! Paulo Coelho

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast