Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: One vs Radian vs Helios 2

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Dean Oelschig View Post
    I have got a bit of insight into the Zenith but haven't seen it available anywhere here... Also, I assume they're quite a lot more expensive than these 3 mentioned above? Anyone know where I could get the Zenith in SA?
    They are all within spending range of one another. I doubt if you are willing to fork out cash for one that you won't feel comfortable doing the same for any of the other 3.
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

The zenith should in fact be cheaper than the orvis,scott & sage.The Zenith retails for about $650 in the states & the other three for about $800.

3. Default

http://www.edge-1.com/Edge/Main.asp?D={83540775-E019-4141-AC17-FAEE2FFE5BFD}&PageType=ProductList&CategoryID=725

http://www.flyfishing.co.za/shop-361.php

Couple hundred bucks difference ...
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Last time I was there Mias woodmead also had them. That was before the updated model.

I am really happy with the Hardy. Got it at Mias in Woodmead about a year ago.

Ek hengel reeds meer as 30 jaar slegs met Orvis-stokke. Wanneer jy kyk na die groot name is daar min te kies. Die Helios ia puik. Ek het 'n 4 gewig in 9vt, 6 gewig in 10vt en 10 gewig in 9vt. Die 4 gewig is een van die "lekkerste" stokke wat ek nog gebruik het. Die 6 gewig is 'n masjien! Jy kan in enige wind met hierdie stok steeds voldoende afstand kry. Ek het nog nooit met die Orvis-waarborg 'n probleem ondervind nie. Jy stuur jou beskadigde stok direk na Orvis toe, 6 weke later stuur hulle dit terug.
    Geniet die nuwe aankoop!

Hi Dean,

I have a Orvis Helios 2 and I seriously have no complaints about it, it is a stunning rod, I have broken my Helios 2 before (my fault) and the customer service and warranty was fantastic from Orvis they asked no questions I just had to ship the rod to Manchester in Vermont and I received my replacement in three and a half weeks.

You won't go wrong with the Sage One either, a very reputable company producing quality rods.

No comment on the Scott Radian haven't got any experience on it.

Just like everyone is saying include the Hardy Zenith in your decision you won't be disappointed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12