Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hank Patterson's 8 Steps To Better Nymph Fishing

Default Hank Patterson's 8 Steps To Better Nymph Fishing

"What’s the difference between nymphing and bait fishing? Absolutely nothing, its the same thing"

Korrie you will love this!

Check out some of my FF pics - http://www.flickr.com/photos/30562135@N07/

At least the little girl casts better than most dry fly fishers.
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)
    Nymphing, adds depth to your fly fishing.
    Nymphing, is fly fishing in another dimension

Death of a nymph fisher
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)

Nymphers, another side
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Korrie Broos

that beautiful little girl cast the same(if not better) than 90% ffman's I know LOL , and they still don't want to pay for casting lesson ...

Ha ha ha I suppose you can knock nymphing all you like. I really enjoy it. Especially when sight casting with light nymphs. Its very rare for me to fish a dry these days, and when I do, its usually a Hopper, beetle or ant. This is purely for two reasons, fish hit terrestrials hard and foam doesn’t need so much dam attention when it comes to drying it off. That said, if I do see a nice fish in clear water raising its head to eat egglaying insects, I stick on a small CDC fly that has been pretreated with watershed to rediscover the purist in me
    Last edited by JadeDsantos; 08-07-14 at 11:34 AM.

Snap it....

Purist???... perhaps you don't know that "purist" actually means that you are a nymph fly fisherman. People who fish dries cant call themselves purists.
    Quote Originally Posted by JadeDsantos View Post
    Ha ha ha I suppose you can knock nymphing all you like. I really enjoy it. Especially when sight casting with light nymphs. Its very rare for me to fish a dry these days, and when I do, its usually a Hopper, beetle or ant. This is purely for two reasons, fish hit terrestrials hard and foam doesn’t need so much dam attention when it comes to drying it off. That said, if I do see a nice fish in clear water raising its head to eat egglaying insects, I stick on a small CDC fly that has been pretreated with watershed to rediscover the purist in me
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    Purist???... perhaps you don't know that "purist" actually means that you are a nymph fly fisherman. People who fish dries cant call themselves purists.
    I suppose it depends on your definition within the different niches of flyfishing. For many years I only fished with dry's in the Cape. How would you define it?

Well not really sure, but if you thinking of what came first, it was sub surface fly fishing... dry fly fishing came much later with the advent of light castable cane and bamboo rods. I suppose the "snob" appeal came with the technological advances that took fly fishing from willow branches to the cane rods and silk lines of the late 19th and early 20th century. But today, the term "purist" is often given to the "English Gentleman" who fishes in a tweed jacket and creel, with a cane rod, silk line and refuses to do anything other than upstream dry fly fishing natural imitations, so perhaps that's what you were referring to.
    Quote Originally Posted by JadeDsantos View Post
    I suppose it depends on your definition within the different niches of flyfishing. For many years I only fished with dry's in the Cape. How would you define it?
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast