Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 28 of 28

Thread: The Romance of the Cape Kloofs

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    4,268

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MCC View Post
    David Karpul worked really hard with the new beat system and members had a special meeting as well as the AGM to raise any concerns. Unfortunately you only got two chances and seem to have missed both Andre.

    BUT..... fear not.

    With the new web system in place (thanks to Lloyd Hughes) you will receive an e-mail from the Society when you make your booking. The e-mail will contain the old AND the new beat name, GPS coordinates to the start and finish, a description of the beat and most importantly for those who cannot read, pictures of the start and finish.

    There will be absolutely no excuse for people stumbling onto the wrong beat. If somebody is on your beat then they are poachers and you can chase them off with vigour.
    That is fantastic!
    "So hereís my point. Donít go and get your ego all out of proportion because you can tie a fly and catch a fish thatís dumb enough to eat a car key.." - Louis Cahill - Gink and Gasoline

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    9,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Umhlangarox View Post
    As you say, if the shoe fits. . . .
    What if the wading boot does not fit?
    Korrie Broos

    Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)
    Nymphing, adds depth to your fly fishing.
    Nymphing, is fly fishing in another dimension

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    2,764

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Korrie View Post
    What if the wading boot does not fit?
    Then you are not an idiot
    The closer one gets to realizing his destiny, the more that destiny becomes his true reason for being! Paulo Coelho

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    1,138
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    .......I also heard that all past editions of Piscator, are going to be scanned and made available online.
    This is true!!
    So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Blouberg
    Posts
    1,745

    Default

    Are the Elandspad, Holsloot and Witte beats to be renamed too?

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Blouberg
    Posts
    1,745

    Default

    Some ideas for the Witte:

    Beat 4 - Bushbash
    Beat 5 - Langtrap
    Beat 6 - F****ing Langtrap

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    2,764

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NeilRowe View Post
    Some ideas for the Witte:

    Beat 4 - Bushbash
    Beat 5 - Langtrap
    Beat 6 - F****ing Langtrap
    Holsloot:

    Beat 1,2,3,4,5,6 - Bushbefok
    The closer one gets to realizing his destiny, the more that destiny becomes his true reason for being! Paulo Coelho

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    1,916

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NeilRowe View Post
    Some ideas for the Witte:

    Beat 4 - Bushbash
    Beat 5 - Langtrap
    Beat 6 - F****ing Langtrap
    hahahahaha!
    " Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are good is like expecting the bull not to charge because you are a vegetarian." -Dennis Wholey

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •