Thread: Presentation - Flyfishing from a pink elephant

Default Presentation - Flyfishing from a pink elephant

From the nutter himself

“Apparently people don't like the truth, but I do like it; I like it because it upsets a lot of people. If you show them enough times that their arguments are bullshit, then maybe just once, one of them will say, 'Oh! Wait a minute - I was wrong.' I live for that happening. Rare, I assure you” ― Lemmy Kilmister

Reap the Whirlwind - WM

Paradise = A 3wt Rod & a fist full of someone else's #32 parachutes

2. Default

A) white glass rod
    B) land cruiser
    C) rainbow

Great clip!!!!
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Point well made !

Makes me think of something slightly different, but related. In the early 90's I lived in Newcastle, and belonged to the Newcastle Spinners & Flyfishers Club. It was an art-lure club actually. Two of my friends and I went to Chelmsford dam very regularly to fish for mainly Barbel and Carp. We always located the fish first, then we were among them, wading. When we found the carp, they were usually in about a foot of water, feeding nose down, with their tails sticking out the water. We would then wade stealthily between them, and fish for them with small black lead-heads or small white plastic grubs.

I soon realized the fish were impervious to sound. Any irregular disturbance in the water, how-ever would send them scattering. So I would talk to my mates, in a relaxed but fairly loud and clear voice. They would cringe, and make "shhh" gestures at me. So, I told them, it makes no difference. They remostrated with me, saying it they are sure it scatters some fish and/or makes them nervous. I discovered an article about it and showed them. They started seeing the light, but still seemed doubtful. So on the next outing we resolved to test it. Now, remember, this is a dam, no running water to mask any sound. When we were among the fish, we shouted at the top of out voices. No reaction, nada, niks.

So that settled that.
    Last edited by Vicus; 19-09-14 at 07:52 AM.

Ha cool vid. Wonder what KZN wildlife will do when i drive my landy up the bushmans

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk